automatic window closing in rain

Andreashadji

Reaction score
hey guys,trying to setup the auto window closing in case of rain.
vehicle is an a3 8p sportback 2012.
coding on the light sensor submodule in 09 central electronics was 024C2D which i changed to 064C2D(plus 4 in the 02 segment according to ross tech wiki is for rain closing).
all the relevant comfort closing features are ticked i think but still it refuses to work.
car locked with remote windows half opened,splash of water on the sensor and nothing happens...
auto wiping in rain works as it should so the sensor is ok.
anyone done that maybe show some screenshots and help a brother out?
cheers!

Ok so with help from Alex aka @DJAlix it seems that my 8K0955559A rain sensor doesn’t do rain closing so I need a higher revision so to speak.
So will this maybe fit 8U0955559C or 8U0955559B ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so with help from Alex aka @DJAlix it seems that my 8K0955559A rain sensor doesn’t do rain closing so I need a higher revision so to speak.
So will this maybe fit 8U0955559C or 8U0955559B ?

B is known to work within most of the platforms that use it. I don’t believe anyone has had C working as yet.

Reactions: ch1z64 and Andreashadji
B is known to work within most of the platforms that use it. I don’t believe anyone has had C working as yet.

Part ordered..!hope it does the job.any videos or tricks on removing the old one?

so part 8U0955559B ordered and returned as its a different size than mine (8K0955559A )
anyone with an 8p sportback 2012 facelift who has rainclosing working could tell me the part number for rain sensor through vcds scan?
thanks guys