AUX in put in arm rest not working properly

sureet bains

Reaction score
Hey there I could really use your help I had my phone connected to the Aux in the arm-rest and the wire got pulled it didn't come out of the aux input but it only plays know only when I have the aux connected and got my phone on charge throu the 12volt supply in the arm-rest and even then only the left side of the car speakers play not the right side this has rearly baffled me any help would be much appreciated thanks

Probably the wiring in the jack plug is damaged. Connecting the phone to the charger provides an earth. The jack plug has three sections left channel, right channel and earth. Right and earth wires are probably broken.

Probably the wiring in the jack plug is damaged. Connecting the phone to the charger provides an earth. The jack plug has three sections left channel, right channel and earth. Right and earth wires are probably broken.
Thanks for replying that does actually make sense do you think it's something I could do my self. The last thing I want to do is take it a Audi garage..