Aux-in retrofit

Matt

Reaction score
How easy would it be to fit an Aux-in socket to my car? Either like on the later A3's or an aftermarket one?

Anybody done it? :thumbsup:

Yes done & no its not hard just depends on if you want cable version loose or socket as per mine:

auxport1.JPG

NHN, do yuo have a pic of the other type of Aux-In socket?

I'm thought the Aux in socket went just below where your engine start button is?

It does but I wanted it somewhere else & also that spot is taken as you can see.

The other is just a loose cable with socket on end, nothing spectacular

Yeah i noticed, so is the one on the guide above for the socket which goes below the Engine start button? I'm assuming its just a cable that runs to the back of the head unit then?

Just out of interest, where can i get a handbrake cover with stitching similar to yours pictured? I Like

So it would involve some VAGCOM coding according to the link? Dont have access to that :(

Is there a plug and play system available or not?

Audi for handbrake handle & minor coding just to enable the aux on rns then the 32 pin connector & wires etc, whole mod parts were what £12 or so then time.

No Marc's guide is just the loose cable IIRC, I wanted fixed socket.

Its not just a cable that plugs in to rear of rns like headphone jack, but can make one up for you, but be cheaper to do yourself, cause my time isnt free, lol.

Right so if I got this would it work without coding?

It says - Audi Quadlock Vehicles (2006>) with Aux enabled Head Unit.
I've got the Audi ipod interface with standard Concert HU so does that mean the aux will already be enabled on my HU?

Hope I'm not testing your patience too much, I'm ok at wiring but I start to get confused once anything involves any sort of computer coding.

No that wont work, its a headphone socket for one which is why its mainly used for say cellphone music or ipod & you need a specific 32pin plug for the rns from audi.

Press CD button & if you see aux listed as an option with CD/MP3/AUX then yes otherwise no, needs coding on & wiring into the seperate 32pin plug at rear of rns not the quadlock.

Has anyone got a pic of the alternative Aux in socket that goes next to the cigarette lighter?

2413159924_4134457001.jpg

This is the kind of fitting i've seen. Anyone know the parts and part number i'll need to add this to the RNS-E ?

Which is what I've been telling Just for the last week thats its the same one as mine he's been asking about, head & wall inserted here, lol, but I got the parts only as that space is used for me by the RS4 start button & 12v socket, the one you show Just, is stupid cause its for a start right next to the drinks holder & it has no covering for the socket so its most likely going to at some point get liquid in it, cause those cup hodlers are pretty much crap.

PS. Just not saying you're stupid just manu's design ideas on placement of features is crap.

Was wondering where Audi placed the Aux from factory....
I gotta say I agree with NHN, and prefer where he has his placed.... Look like there's minimal room for jack to go into the socket there. BTW you got a AUX in socket laying about N? :)

Yes I do, its laying in my car under my handbrake, lol

Can easily get the parts from audi, but remember it has to be made up aswell.