Aux. Steering Wheel Button

pburv

Reaction score
Hi All.
Just found a new function tonight on my steering wheel.
You can set the button on the right hand side of the steering wheel to operate a number of settings on your car Dynamic/ Auto /Comfort ect. for instance.The button in question is the one with a white star(looks like a snowflake symbol).Like I said it allows you to have a choice of functions. Just go into your car settings and you will see it in the menu labelled steering wheel button..Only took 1000 miles to find that one..lol :readit:

Reactions: Flatcap, Simon L and Jassyo06
Hi All.
You can set the button on the right hand side of the steering wheel to operate a number of settings on your car Dynamic/ Auto /Comfort ect. for instance.The button in question is the one with a white star(looks like a snowflake symbol).Like I said it allows you to have a choice of functions. Just go into your car settings and you will see it in the menu labelled steering wheel button..Only took 1000 miles to find that one..lol :readit:

Lol........
Tumblr ndszpfPcak1tm3frqo1 500

Reactions: Scottyg, Simon L, Mike1981 and 4 others
I have mine set to skip forward to the next track when listening to music from my iPhone.. Much handier than flicking the volume wheel to the side :)

Reactions: Scottyg, Simon L, Mike1981 and 3 others
Hi All.

I tried it mate, used it for a few things like me passengers ejection seat option lol didny get the pano-roof for nothing ye know lol

Reactions: WarwickL, Scottyg, pburv and 2 others
:iagree: Quality reply lol. Top button that so glad you found it.

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
I use my * button all the time to cycle through the drive select modes without taking my hand off the wheel.

Would be better tho if you could assign launch control to it !!!

Reactions: Simon L, pburv and Jassyo06
Just a thought. Are machine guns Audi offer as an accessory
machete-kills-4---boob-gun-gif_212026.gif

Reactions: Simon L and Rob2k68
Not more bazookas !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Simon L and Jassyo06
I've got mine set to do this..................................been quite handy with all the flooding recently!! lol

18vl2fommh71qgif.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: WarwickL, bluemoona3246, pburv and 3 others
Rumour has it that with tech pack and wifi hot spot you can set it to activate the report button on this forum

Reactions: bluemoona3246, pburv, Baldyone and 3 others
Had to check......mines on voice control but it must be Duff. Didn't matter how many times I hit it, she just carried on yapping

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and Simon L
Drive select for me.

Reactions: Simon L and Rob2k68
Rumour has it that with tech pack and wifi hot spot you can set it to activate the report button on this forum
Seems to be a common choice that one...:blink:

Reactions: Simon L
I normally use it for muting the sat nav voice but more recently for toggling between day and night mode on the sat nav. My Mrs has a habit of leaving it in day mode at night which I hate.

My previous car a BMW had 8 programmable buttons that could be used for sat nav destinations, radio presets, idrive settings etc. It was really useful and in addition, each key had it's own settings.

Reactions: Simon L
I normally use it for muting the sat nav voice but more recently for toggling between day and night mode on the sat nav. My Mrs has a habit of leaving it in day mode at night which I hate.

My previous car a BMW had 8 programmable buttons that could be used for sat nav destinations, radio presets, idrive settings etc. It was really useful and in addition, each key had it's own settings.

BMW need programmable buttons as they usually stop working ....

Reactions: Simon L, pburv, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
First i'd like to say I've not reported any of your posts, just to let you know.

imo the reason why people are reporting your posts, is that you killing threads by taking them off topic, this thread being a perfect example.

It's nice to see some banter on the forum and none of the images have offended me personally, but to continually take threads of topic is killing the forum.

So I hope you respect I didn't hit the report button but posted like you asked.

Reactions: Simon L and WarwickL
Liked the post because you posted without a quote, without any relevance and generally for being a **** :D

Off topic posts are the spice of life on forums

Long may they continue ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Supa Koopa, pburv, Simon L and 1 other person
First i'd like to say I've not reported any of your posts, just to let you know.

imo the reason why people are reporting your posts, is that you killing threads by taking them off topic, this thread being a perfect example.

It's nice to see some banter on the forum and none of the images have offended me personally, but to continually take threads of topic is killing the forum.

So I hope you respect I didn't hit the report button but posted like you asked.

How many internet forums can you name that don't go off topic??

This thread was created so the OP could tell us about a function he's just discovered, I'm sure a lot of us already knew it existed..................I did, but having the memory of an amoeba I never remember to actually program the bleedin thing!!

How is a bit of tomfoolery actually ruining this thread? Members are still free to tell us what they programmed their * button to aren't they?!!

Forums will never be all things to all members, it simply isn't possible.....................but we can all live together can't we?!! It's supposed to be a community after all................:friends:

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv, Jassyo06 and 2 others

This thread was created so the OP could tell us about a function he's just discovered, I'm sure a lot of us already knew it existed..................I did, but having the memory of an amoeba I never remember to actually program the bleedin thing!!

How is a bit of tomfoolery actually ruining this thread? Members are still free to tell us what they programmed their * button to aren't they?!!

Forums will never be all things to all members, it simply isn't possible.....................but we can all live together can't we?!! It's supposed to be a community after all................:friends:
Right On Brother!!
tumblr_nfr2qnUaCq1qzftgao1_r2_400.gif

I was hoping for a bit of tomfoolery when I posted this thread.
It all adds to the attraction of this forum for me intead of just questions then answers..Do you know what I mean...ps
How are my gifs getting on Jassy(the gifmaister)??

Reactions: Simon L and Daveotto

ww.stayontopicforum.co.uk :)

Do I get a prize?

Oh bottom, I've gone off topic.....! Errr! I set my button to skip tracks. There back on topic and no harm done. Please don't report or ban me. :)

Reactions: pburv and Simon L

hmmm........ maybe I hit a raw nerve or two with a few members with my tongue in cheek post???????

@Ghost but thanks for being up front and having the gumption to say it was not you

IMHO..this thread was vaguely informative (highlighting a function others might miss) but also self-deficating by the OP so was ok to add a little bit of banter.

Different story if there is deliberate derailing of a serious "forge intake, stage 4 revo, back shifting retorift upgrade" or whatever

Is room for both serious stuff and banter

in the words of Al Murray....If we had no rules where would we be? France! If we had too many rules where would we be? Germany!

In my words live and let live

btw my * button is used for drive select...... wouldn't find much use for a report button, prefer a more direct approach myself

Reactions: Blackwhite, pburv, Ghost and 1 other person
Right On Brother!!
tumblr_nfr2qnUaCq1qzftgao1_r2_400.gif

I was hoping for a bit of tomfoolery when I posted this thread.
It all adds to the attraction of this forum for me intead of just questions then answers..Do you know what I mean...ps
How are my gifs getting on Jassy(the gifmaister)??

........yer gifs are beautiful man!! lol

Reactions: pburv