Avant Sport Roof Spoiler.

Greeny233

It's all about the V8.
Reaction score
Hi All.

I was at my mates garage today and he had an A4 avant in which had a Vortex roof spoiler on (8E9 071 640). When I compared my sport (GMBH) roof spoiler it was about an inch smaller and the Vortex one looked slightly better.
My question is my original GMBH spoiler removable or is it part of the tailgate? No point in looking for a Vortex spoiler if mine doesn't come off.
The Vortex one
y4asute5.jpg

unuqajen.jpg

My original one.
bapesepa.jpg

ehusesur.jpg

Last edited:
I asked the same question a few months ago and got no sure answer! It was bonded on,bolted on and bonded and bolted on was the answers I got so left mine on. I need to remove it sometime as I'm having the tailgate I got of quattrojames sprayed and don't want to buy another one.

I can confirm that the votex one is bonded on as i have one, when you order it from Audi it is listed with a fixing kit which is basically a tube of black goo that sticks like **** to a blanket, i also used it to stick my door hanfle on when that came off!'

Reactions: Greeny233
I can confirm that the votex one is bonded on as i have one, when you order it from Audi it is listed with a fixing kit which is basically a tube of black goo that sticks like **** to a blanket, i also used it to stick my door hanfle on when that came off!'

Any idea about the sport(GmbH) one?

Afraid not as my sport is an 02 so didn't have one as standard although i'm sure someone posted a Etka picture up before and it showed a couple of mounting bolts, best bet us to call your local dealer and ask, i have always found mine very helpful.

GMBH rear spoiler has 2 bolts & is bonded too.

Reactions: Greeny233 and Welshquattro
Anybody got any ideas how to remove one without damaging it. Bolts must be under the tailgate trim I'm guessing.

Last edited:
Bolts appear to be under the trim & either side of the 3rd brake light.

Reactions: Welshquattro and Greeny233