Average Speed Cameras

beaker

Reaction score
Just seen a couple of sets of these have been installed on the A90 between Perth and Dundee. Horrible things. Don't think they're active yet as there are no signs for them.

I'm heading down to Malmesbury at the weekend, leaving from Edinburgh. Does anyone know of anything like this that I should watch out for on the way. Route is A8, A700, A702, A74(M), A74, M6, M5, A417, A429.

[ QUOTE ]
Fek. I drive that A90 on a regular basis.

Oh joy.....

[/ QUOTE ]

But, to be honest if y'all are going to be lumbered with things like that, they are better than the single point and shoot cameras, as they do not get the speed up, slow down, speed up, slow down etc etc

I went through a couple a while back, and while it is a pain in the ***, set the cruise on and chill.....

[ QUOTE ]
Just seen a couple of sets of these have been installed on the A90 between Perth and Dundee. Horrible things. Don't think they're active yet as there are no signs for them.

I'm heading down to Malmesbury at the weekend, leaving from Edinburgh. Does anyone know of anything like this that I should watch out for on the way. Route is A8, A700, A702, A74(M), A74, M6, M5, A417, A429.

[/ QUOTE ]

beaker, where abouts exactly, as i'm heading to Glasgow at the weekend and DO NOT want to get stung by these feckers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

But they're much harder to spot as they just look like traffic master camera's

Nooooo - that's the best bit of road between Aberdeen & Newcastle.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif

Mike

Japper, I doubt you'll be affected. They are on A90 between Perth and Dundee near Kinfauns. I don't think they are active yet either.

Watch out for the ones on the M77 if you're using that though. They are marked.

[ QUOTE ]
Japper, I doubt you'll be affected. They are on A90 between Perth and Dundee near Kinfauns. I don't think they are active yet either.

Watch out for the ones on the M77 if you're using that though. They are marked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cheers beaker, i am going via Cupar so will miss Kinfauns anyway. Though I may give the M77 a miss on my way down to Dumfries. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Oops, just seen you're coming down from Aberdeen not up from down south. Well you would have passed these then but since you have a different route it don't matter.

M77? I thought they were only on the A77 furthur South at Ayr. Its a bitch at the moment with the roadworks at Ayr as the speed limit has been dropped to 30 mph and they are half way between cameras so your not sure what they are set for. Even the Scottish roads are being ruined by this crap.

Well, those cameras are now active between Perth and Dundee as the signs are up. I'm assuming they legally need to have those signs in place.

Khufu, yes, the cameras on the M77 are down near Ayr.

Yep, active (40mph) both at Kinfauns and Glendoig.

Oh and the endless number of them on the A77 was fun at the weekend..........Not !