avf 130 pd a4 more performance

alex mcclenaghan

Reaction score
Hi Guys , Im a new member just bought a 2003 a4 quattro 1.9 tdi looking for better performance .Traded from a 330d sport as my wife needed a 4x4 and better economy .Whats the first steps and whats the best ? I also have a skoda superb 2.0 tdi 4x4 cheers alex

A good remap will give you the most bang for bucks.
yes I know a good remap gives 30+ bhp but Im looking for at least 180 bhp to overcome the 4wheel drive weight Problem i have is most tunners list for the b6 fwd and the b6 4x4 seems to be a limited market and most dont know the limitations of the 4 wheel drive system if any .

Audi1.9tdi FWD & Quattro share engines so isn't a limitation with remaps, you just don't get the torque steer issues with the Quattro. Regardless a good clutch is essential though as a tired clutch won't take the extra torque for long if at all. To get 180+ I think you'd probably need to upgrade the injector nozzles at least. Bigger turbo is another option, but you'd still need a remap to get the benefit.
Sure a member will be along soon to enlighten you further.

180 bhp possible for std turbo , Audi 2.0 tdi 170 BV43 turbo for stage 2 215 bhp 350 ftlb is next but factor in clutch , front mount intercooler , map , 2.5" decated exhaust , egr disable / delete etc for best results .

Reactions: pauldazzle
Hi Guys , Im a new member just bought a 2003 a4 quattro 1.9 tdi looking for better performance .Traded from a 330d sport as my wife needed a 4x4 and better economy .Whats the first steps and whats the best ? I also have a skoda superb 2.0 tdi 4x4 cheers alex
You need to spend big money to get the 1.9 tdi on the same level with a 330d ! Take it for what it is: a solid platform with plenty grip and decent fuel economy and performance however even with a remap and bv43 is not going to set your heart on fire... As above, sell up, buy a v6 tdi Quattro and spend 2 grand on mods: turbo, remap, nozzles, intercooler and you will get 300 Bhp- 335d power with 4 wheel drive grip !

Reactions: pauldazzle
180Bhp on stock turbo is a bit far fetched unless the car runs dangerous duration maps and the turbo spike is what gives theax Bhp. Do not expect a stock, 100 and something k gt1749va turbo to last for too long ! If you're after a plug and play solution then one of my bv43 hybrid turbos with billet compressor and uprated turbine will suit you well, up to 220 Bhp is achievable with a few supporting mods. If you're after more power then a gtb1756bk or a gtb2056vk turbo will flow enough air for over 250 Bhp but you will need new injectors which are rather expensive. Please get in touch with me if you want a tuning package tailored to your specific car, I can build you what you want for a decent price ! Regards,
Chris

No , 180 bhp is safe , although the same map probably wouldn't see 180 bhp due to quattro transmission losses .

My 2003 avf has this high bhp reduced torque clutch friendly map .

It's an UPsolute map that doesn't appear on their website .

The torque curve is the flatest you will ever see for a 1.9 PD .

Done on original turbo at 160K now on 175K .