B&O Advice on Retrofitting

airbus319

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Evening all,

I've been having major issues with the standard sound system that is installed in my car so I've decided to take the plunge and see if I can get the necessary bits to retrofit B&O into my 2014 A3 Sportback. I've done a lot of reading up on the posts but the only chap who said he'd successfully completed the retrofit doesn't seen to be around just now so I thought I'd ask here

I'm aware of the parts involved for the speakers, sub and amp and the Fiber connection for the most bus but what I can't get a handle on is how the wiring works.

There is a J525 amp which sits under the passenger seat and the wiring diagrams indicate that this feeds the speakers via a 38 pin connector but others indicate the speakers are fed from the headunit. I'd like to bottom this out so I can work out how much time and effort will be required to wire up the system if it requires a new loom so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

David

The speakers must be fed from the amp otherwise it defeats the object of having an amp? Surely?

Would it not be easier to fit aftermarket components? It would be a lot easier and cheaper?

I agree but my mission is to keep the car as OEM as possible, I've found a pic of the loom from a 1.6tdi and it appears to have both connectors so I think what it does is the MOST bus transmits the signal to the amp and then the amp sends the signal to the speakers but there's something about the headunit that's bothering me as it still has an inline connector in the back for the speakers. Ideally someone with B&O who has had their headunit out and taken pictures of all the connectors could solve the issue. I don't think I'm pioneering this install as others have claimed to do it but if I am I will gladly document so others can follow.

thanks

David.

Is the connector out the back of the hu not for a3s without an amp?