B O L L O X ! ! !

Eeef

Lord of War
Reaction score
Managed to smack my osr wheel into a kerb at about 30mph. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Who's good for wheel repairs? M.B., you strike me as the sort of guy that might of done this before. Who's good in our area? Can it be done in one day i.e. so I don't have to drive with the wally wheel on?

mine took 2 days to do as they had to be baked, i think it depends on the finish of the wheel though

[ QUOTE ]
Managed to smack my osr wheel into a kerb at about 30mph. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Who's good for wheel repairs? M.B., you strike me as the sort of guy that might of done this before. Who's good in our area? Can it be done in one day i.e. so I don't have to drive with the wally wheel on?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not good - might want to get a rear wheel/suspension alignment check done too - a 30 mph contact with a curb isn't good news for just the wheel.......

I did that to two of my wheels, taking out both tyres. Dopey here paid £700 to replace them, as I swore they were beyond repair. I repaired them myself last month at for the grand sum of £25 - avus paint and lacquer, primer and some Hard and Fast. OK, I had nothing better to do wth my time - as it took some practise.

the s-line has been around a little while,there must be some second hand ones somewhere,

i had mine repaired and although its ok ,i can tell its a slightly different colour,i think that will always be the case when only one gets repaired.

My wife managed to clip a dislodged granite kerb a while ago and she was so upset because she thought she would have damaged the alloy wheel.

When she got home we looked and the only damage was a split in the side wall of the tyre. Perhaps one of the advantages of having an SE with 205/55 series tyres.

Hello from Sydney.

I also badly gouged my front wheel only two weeks from new! Doh!
I'm having it repaired today. The guy who is doing it welds in new alloy so the wheel is still the correct weight before repolishing. It's costing Aus $200 about £80 as opposed to $700 for a new wheel!

My cousin works for a local company that blasts and paints stuff for the oil business.
A sideline of theirs is alloy wheels.
I've never ever actually kerbed a wheel myself,but had to get one of my A4 wheels done when chimps at ATS gouged the hell out of one.
I've seen people go on about not being able to match the colour,but they did a damned fine job on mine.
You seriously couldn't tell it had been done.
I didn't have to pay (ATS paid) but it's £25 a wheel.

Mate's getting his Alfa 156 wheels done by them soon.

i dont know how true it is,but i was told when i had mine done that the s-line wheel is a colour called silver chrome which is a git to match/get right,or it may of been their get out clause i guess?.

EEf,

I have had to have a rim repaired last year. I used whicked wheels based in Tictchfield. The guy operates out of his home and is VERY good. I have one of my BBS CH's reparied and it was a damn good job.

As he operates from home you can drop the wheel round to him in the morning and he will have it ready for you in the afternoon and as he works from home you can pick it up anytime.

His number is: 07973889837

J.

Watch,you barely notice the damned things there when it's on.
Easy to forget,until you expect the same grip round a corner...

Good on the back... get some nice powerslides in before tea!!!

Powerslides ?
At the back ?
In a front wheel drive car ?

How does that work then ?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I noticed a badly repaired section on my passenger side front alloy a few weeks after getting the car. Not sure how its been fixed, just looks like silver paint to me. Its not smooth anyhow. Strangely the dealer never mentioned it. Wasn't obvious till I got up close and cleaned the wheel.

I would like to get this repaired better if it can be done. How much can be done to repair these? Will you always notice where the damage was?

Yeah i dinged mine too, but luckily it was nearer to parking speeds than 30mph.... havent had it repaired yet, and after a good cleanup it really doesn't look that bad anyway so I might just leave it till summertime returns.

[ QUOTE ]
Good on the back... get some nice powerslides in before tea!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Think its time you changed your sig. If you lost 800 posts like this one its probably done you a favour. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif