B&O problems? Maybe...

Pook

Reaction score
Any sound gurus out there? Ever since having my B&O sometimes when I listen it sounds amazing, and other times I'm like meh. Same tracks same formats etc etc. I've previously maybe just put it down to how my ears are feeling that day but now I'm starting to wonder a bit more. Yesterday when playing my tunes through an SD card it was sounding particularly flat so I went into the settings and had a play: when I turned the 'surround' from max to min there was absolutely no change. Usually you can instantly hear a significant difference when going all the way from max to min. I then changed source and went to Bluetooth and did the same but this time the change was very noticeable when I toggled. So back again I went to the SD and fiddled again and this time changing the 'surround' made the impact it should have. Anyone any theories on this intermittent behaviour? I'm thinking is something loose, maybe the control unit playing up? Also on topic, I'm led to believe the unit under the passengers seat is related to the B&O, often after turned off the ignition and the MMI shutting down, this unit continues to make a fan like noise for quite a while (intermittently). Is this normal? And finally.... the CD/SD unit in the glove box rattles like there's is something lose, sounds like keys jangling. Audi previously padded it up which seemed to help for a while but now it's gone back. Any thoughts on whether this could be related? Sorry for the totally dry/lame post, just not too familiar with these fancy sound systems and units, and the price I paid for the option it needs to bluming work!

Reactions: lgooch
I've played around the the surround setting with both BT streaming and now via the AMI lead and I've not noticed that much of a difference. I do have the same settings for all though.

Some tracks sound awesome and some sound ok. These are all downloaded and playing via the ami lead too. Never played from the SD card though.

Reactions: Pook
Just realised from another thread that the box under the passenger seat is the amp. Anyone know when the amp should be making the fan like noise after shutting down? Mine used to do it occasionally but now seems to happen almost every time after use.