B&O Sub upgrade help

Audijr1982

Reaction score
Hi everyone, as you can see I'm a new member having lurked for a while trying to find some help as per the title.

So I've owned an RS5 B9 for around 5 months now and have been very happy with everything but the sound! The mids and highs are not bad it's just the bass is severely lacking and then you have the (what seems to be very common) subwoofer rattle any time you put the volume up.

So in the hope of improving the situation somewhat, I've bought a Pioneer 10" DVC 4 ohm sub. I read as many tutorials as I could find but I don't think any of them where for the B9 RS5 as when I've gone to remove the pillar trim today it just doesn't seem to want to budge and after further reading it seems none of the how to's are the right ones.

I'm therefore asking if anyone can help me out by clarifying the steps to remove the pillar trim on both sides. So far I've managed to unclip along the front vertical part as well as the long edge running along the glass, however the bottom edge just seems to be wedged right in there and doesn't want to budge. I think I can see some more clips along the inside bottom edge but cant see how to disengage them.

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks