B&O Suboofer Issue.

figolovechild

I took delivery of my Audi A3 Sportback 2 weeks ago which came with the Bang and Olufson, and I have to say I am extremely disappointed with it. I can't work out if the suboofer in the back is blown or if it's rattling the internals of the car. It sounds like the sub is farting on low frequencies. Coming from an M140 which had the Harmon Kardon, I expected the Bang and Olufson to at least be on par, but the HK blows it away.
I don't want to take the car to the dealership for them to take the car to bit to tell me it's normal, so wondered if anyone else was experiencing the same issues?

ch1z64

C'mon you's bhoy's in Green
VCDS Map User
Silver Supporter
I have to say i have nevet heard off 8p model coming with B&O speakers usually it comes with bose maybe someone has retrofitted B&O to ur car and thats why it sounds bad .

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

figolovechild

I have to say i have nevet heard off 8p model coming with B&O speakers usually it comes with bose maybe someone has retrofitted B&O to ur car and thats why it sounds bad .

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Oh, maybe i have posted in the wrong place. Is it maybe the 8Y I have? it's a 2021 Edition 1 Sportback

Moots

Mine didn’t sound amazing when I first received it, had to tinker with the settings but never heard anything sounding like it was farting on low volumes. Sounds like you’ve got a faulty sub Potentially.

Soapy

I have come from a Saab with Bose and thing the B&O is a huge upgrade. Sounds good to me and definitely no farting noises.

Ludus

If you're unsure or unhappy with it, just take it in would be the best option, they'll be able to advise you best.

figolovechild

So I’ve had the car in at the dealership and initially the mechanic didn’t notice it. I let another mechanic have a listen and he heard it straight away. Car is booked in for longer to give the guys a chance to fix investigate the issue and hopefully fix it.

ps. It’s more noticeable with the volume at low volume and with the ignition turned off.

KXL

Did you get a fix for this? B&O sounds really pants in the first few hours and left with settings at stock. It becomes better and bass more powerful after few hours playing music

figolovechild

Did you get a fix for this? B&O sounds really pants in the first few hours and left with settings at stock. It becomes better and bass more powerful after few hours playing music
Hey, I didn’t get a fix but the sound has improved drastically! The bass is a lot deeper and the clarity is way better. I’m very happy with it although there is a slight issue with the sub which has been recognised as a fault so is due to be looked at by Audi soon. The only thing that is really letting the sound system down is the build quality of the door cards. They rattle like crazy on certain songs which is a shame