B&O

Richyboyp

Reaction score
So I'm loving pretty much everything about this car. The adaptive lights, folding mirrors when I lock it, just everything!! Then I get in when its dark.... Wow! This is a bit sad but the LED lighting inside for footwell is cool! The rings around the cup holders just fab and the the LED strip over the B&O speakers! Amazing. The cockpits lights up fantastic :) I'm wearing a proper Audi grin now 👍👍

nice one, any pictures of the interior lighting?

Reactions: paullowther
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378068730029532ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378068743794980ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378068755379179ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378068766961056ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378068777331669
Sorry about quality. This may be a little crap representation. Will try get better ones up. Anyone with obvious better ability than me is welcome to join in

Reactions: Ryan_R, Dan76, rocketpaul and 1 other person
Very nice, the line of the b&o looks a really nice touch.

Thanks for the pics

Looks fantastic! Night Rider comes to mind lol
December seems much further away for me now...

it really does look good ...except for I can't get over the blue in the heater controls! I get that it's meant to be retro, but it's so 1970's. A simple + -, ^ v or Red fading to white would have made all the difference! Blue has no place on the console imho. :(

If you want the full "Tron" effect :D

IMG_1887.jpg

Interestingly, I didn't realise there was footwell lighting in the rear too until last weekend when someone back there commented on it!

Reactions: TDI-line, Fragup, Battlekrapz and 3 others
Just waited outside until it was dark enough to get the same effect but without the B&O speaker and tech pack MMI control light.

Nice picture. Where is the purple light near the gear shifter coming from?

Speaking of lights.. Is it possible to have the car turn on the LED running lights when you unlock the car from the outside? I have that on my BMW 116d, and I think it looks really neat when I approach my car during the dark. I also have the small LED lights on the door handles that illuminate the ground which also looks really cool, as well as the blue mood lighting inside. As I havent been able to play with a new A3 in the dark, Im wondering if I can get something similar on it!

If you want the full "Tron" effect :D

IMG_1887.jpg

Interestingly, I didn't realise there was footwell lighting in the rear too until last weekend when someone back there commented on it!

That couldn't look ANY COOLER. Love it!

Speaking of lights.. Is it possible to have the car turn on the LED running lights when you unlock the car from the outside? I have that on my BMW 116d, and I think it looks really neat when I approach my car during the dark. I also have the small LED lights on the door handles that illuminate the ground which also looks really cool, as well as the blue mood lighting inside. As I havent been able to play with a new A3 in the dark, Im wondering if I can get something similar on it!

Yes, you need to set this up in the MMI under coming home / leaving lights. Mine do seem a tad tempremental though. Sometimes they come on by themselves (when it's dark), other times they don't come on unless I double press unlock on the remote. The logical people out there will be thinking they only operate in the dark.... and you'd be right..... except it's not consistent at all. In pitch black they don't come, parked directly under a street light they do come on. Dusk with plenty of evening sunlight and they still come on....

Very odd... but doesn't bother me as I can always activate them manually by double tapping unlock on the remote.

I hope the lit up mmi comtroler is standard and not part of the light pack. Very nice picture of the inside

The white ring on the MMI dial is only with the Tech Pack as it illuminates to indicate when the touch pad is active.

Bob I have the light pack but no tech pack. Mine doesn't light up like that. It's just a red ring. Gutted :(

The white ring around the MMI dial is worth the £1500 in itself. The bigger screen etc is a bonus! :think:

Reactions: Cumbrian_bob
I really wish I'd have spec'd the tech pack now. It's a real boggle since picking up, admit I didn't even get the sd satnav. Trying though to get the dealer down on price atm! Working well too.

Nice picture. Where is the purple light near the gear shifter coming from?

It just looks a bit purple, it's actually a white LED strip around the inside of each cup-holder. Part of the interior light pack.

The white ring on the MMI dial is only with the Tech Pack as it illuminates to indicate when the touch pad is active.

Yeah it lights up when the touch pad is active but is permanently lit at night.

Yes, you need to set this up in the MMI under coming home / leaving lights. Mine do seem a tad tempremental though. Sometimes they come on by themselves (when it's dark), other times they don't come on unless I double press unlock on the remote. The logical people out there will be thinking they only operate in the dark.... and you'd be right..... except it's not consistent at all. In pitch black they don't come, parked directly under a street light they do come on. Dusk with plenty of evening sunlight and they still come on....

Very odd... but doesn't bother me as I can always activate them manually by double tapping unlock on the remote.

Think this is to do with the logic of the coming home/leaving home function which works along the lines of if the car is left unused in a single place for something like 2 hours it assumes its at home on a dark driveway and hence turns on DRL'S and fog lights and under this time assumes its on a well lit street and does not turn on the lights.