B5 Audi A4 1.8t sport Pinky Purple Red

tsporta4

Registered User
Wont let me post thread written

Says too many pics
icon9.png
 

Oranoco

Registered User
Hi There im New on here haven't been on much but am changing that now
First off im not so good at writing project threads but i thought i would show you where i started and where i am now and the plans for the future.Audi's are new to me.

Ive always been in the modified car scene and my previous car was a Mk2 Fiesta with Zetec i fitted,It was fun to drive but not practical in the end.
I ended up breaking it for parts after my mate Steve (Oranoco) off here offered me an Audi a4 with suspected bottom end failure.
We agreed a price and i acquired it Very very cheap :happy: And also Steve also offered to help which i was grateful for.

It sat on my drive till i got some money together.
S8000723.jpg

S8000717.jpg

S8000720.jpg

S8000721.jpg

S8000722.jpg


I found a reputable company on ebay And purchased an aeb engine from them. They delivered for an extra £20 so i got a bargain. To my surprise the cambelt was new as well as tensioner and came complete with loom and ecu
icon6.png
. I purchased a Luk clutch for it.
 

Oranoco

Registered User
Then we started to strip the front end down and engine trying to get the engine out in one piece as much as possible.

168385_10150116122069180_678194179_7714256_3549183_n.jpg



Then My Gf was offered a new Job in Oxfordshire so we started planning the move
Unfortunately for me this was bad timing as it was December and freezing.
Me and Steve struggled on and finally got the new engine in the bay. I'm sorry i don't have any pics of this
icon9.png
. But all i know it was an utter pain as engine would only go on so far and wouldn't line up eventually after 3 days of constant persuasion it slotted home
icon7.png
.


I sourced a guy from a forum i go on to transport the audi and my mk2 across to our new house.

The bonnet catch was working properly and wouldn't latch so i cleaned it up and painted it
bonetcatch1.jpg

With some help from some members on here i struggled on on my own and got front end all back together.

NewImage.jpg

engine.jpg

frontendcomplete.jpg


I bought a dv Bung as i'm using a forge dump valve
icon6.png
Also got some new silicone vacuum hose
dvbung.jpg


Heres the first run


I then Put it in for an Mot fearing the worst and i was pleasantly surprised when it passed with 1 advisory for low tread on 1 tyre
icon14.png


I then got the Bug
 

Oranoco

Registered User
I purchased the following items and fitted them with no previous turbo experience but after fitting engine what could be so hard :happy:
Toyosports fmic kit from ebay
Intercooler.jpg

Ram air Filter kit from ebay
18tinductionkit.jpg

Hers some pics of installation
Removal of old smic
CopyofFMIC1.jpg

CopyofFMIC2.jpg

New inter cooler pipes
CopyofFMIC3.jpg

CopyofFMIC4.jpg

CopyofFMIC5.jpg

CopyofFMIC6.jpg

Fitting was trial and error
CopyofFMIC7.jpg

CopyofFMIC8.jpg

CopyofFMIC9.jpg

CopyofFMIC10.jpg

CopyofFMIC11.jpg

RAMAIR filter
Ramairinductionfitted.jpg



I was still looking for work at the time so could afford new insurance to put it on the road or tax for that matter. Eventually i started getting some money through temping and by chance
I got these while just roaming ebay one day some 225 tt injectors with rail I won them £165 so i dont know if that is a good price or not. Still sAat in the box the came in
225injectors.jpg


I paid a deposit for insurance and got tax and car was on the road
icon6.png

To me it didn't seem very quick. So i got one of my mates to use vagcom on it and check for fault codes.
It had a couple one was n75 valve fault and speed sensor also oil change thing as well maybe why previous bottom end went
icon5.png


Cleared codes and still didn't seem fast I went and bought a turbosmart boost guage and went to see what it was boosting. 3.5 psi limp mode
icon9.png

Changed n75 to my original one still the same after some investigation we found it to be a wire had come loose from the n75 valve plug on the loom soldered it up jobs a good un boosting to 7 psi
icon7.png


Still have speed sensor to sort its intermittent so i think wiring and a slight oil leak from turbo oil feed bought a new one so will hopefully fit his weekend also blowing from exhaust flexi so ordered a genuine second had pipe off ebay. And i got a bargain last week too a ths s/s decat for £55 posted will get pics up when i get the chance
icon7.png
should fit it this weekend coming.
I decided i wanted to change front appearance so bought a badgeless front grill
Before
odgrille.jpg

After
newgrille.jpg


This is where im up to

Future plans are to get injectors fitted with a Ko4-15 and external wastegate with screamer pipe and a remap.Oh and coilovers and Bigger wheels like bbs lm reps but not sure yet.
Comments welcome
icon6.png
 

Oranoco

Registered User
I dunno, things I do for a mate. Now send me back my Haynes book of lies you git :angrymod: lol

Some people may remember this as I purchased it off a mate of mine when the AA diagnosed a failed cambelt. Only slightly wrong, it was a failed rod.

As I got it

Side.jpg

Front.jpg

Back.jpg
 
Last edited:
Top