B5 front strut spring plate

vr6gordy

Reaction score
I wanna put some one my car but can't find on eBay anyone got a pair for sale

Can't get there till next weekend that why I wanted eBay so I would have em
For mid week

I've checked all over the place and conclude it's an Audi or TPS only part, sorry dude

Right I've been thinking of fitting some B5 perches when I fit the coils to keep a bit more stroke of the shocks, but I'm a bit confused as to which part it is I need.
I have the part numbers, but is it the circular cap that holds the spring onto shocks, or the triangular shaped bit that the top arms attach to?

Circular caps that hold springs bud and if you want them asap go to breakers if your bot fussed about fitting second hand parts.

B5 perches are to lower the spring lower on the shocker.
With coils this isn't needed as they are fully height adjustable Jim.

Circular caps that hold springs bud and if you want them asap go to breakers if your bot fussed about fitting second hand parts.

Cheers for clearing that up for me. Does it matter if they come off a petrol, or diesel, or are they all the same?

MattyB6 I know, but it will mean the coils can be set 15mm higher giving them a slightly longer stroke. This in turn should help with comfort, and the knocking you get as you've lowered it at the top as well as the bottom.

Yes they are the same for diesel and petrol.

Also, Stoke Audi are a site sponsor on here. They're usually pretty quick at dispatching orders! I've used them a few times now for parts. They're probably around the same price as a dealers once you include postage, but it's delivered to your door.

MattyB6 I know, but it will mean the coils can be set 15mm higher giving them a slightly longer stroke. This in turn should help with comfort, and the knocking you get as you've lowered it at the top as well as the bottom.

Ah I couldn't help on that one Jim.
I wasn't being funny btw. Lol

Yeah I know you wasn't mate.

Like I say I'm just trying to avoid getting the knocking that people say they always get with these, and this should help as it will reduce some of the stress by giving them an extra bit of stroke length.

Can I use the b6 rubber on the b5 plate or do I need the b5 rubber

Do I use the b5 rubber as I've seen a spring stop
On the n5 mounting plate ????

I can't remember 100%, but since I definitely didn't buy rubbers...I am guessing I used the b6 ones on my b5 perches.

Hope that helps.

found the guide on here and it says parts to use are only the b5 plate so no rubber is needed i guess ... it this right anyone ??????? and do i use the b6 one ???????????????