B5 OR B7

Avantsline

Reaction score
I love both shapes but if you had £15k to spend would you put it down on a B7 or get a B5 and use the rest of the cash for a few mods and a nice trip to the nurburgring?

Should be in the market for one of these late summer and I had me heart set on a B7 but like the possibility of a B5 and abit of cash to play with.

What would be youre choice?

:)

id never pay 15k for a B7
id get 1 of each for 15k and mods

I would look around for a mint condition unmodified B5 RS4

If I wanted an every day drive I'd get a B7, if I wanted a weekend fun car I'd get a good B5.

You'd be better off getting a B5 and having cash in hand than trying to pick up a B7 for just £15k.

Will be a weekend warrior so perhaps the B5 will be a better option, I keep getting pulled back to the B7 though as the value seems better than getting a good B5 for 10k or a few more thousand for a good B7.

Tempted by the Rs6 also but mainly automatics and way overpriced.

I would love to know where I can get a mint B5 and B7 for 15k with cash for mods?!

Then i think why not keep the B6 Avant Quattro 190 I have and drop an Rs4 engine in :think:

You won't get a mint B7 for less than £20k. You could get a B6 S4 and spend some money on making it a proper weekend weapon.

RS4 B7 for 15k......really? I say you would be very hard pushed mate, unless its a complete dog and the front and rear number plates don't match up!!

Reactions: MartayMcFly
You won't get a mint B7 for less than £20k. You could get a B6 S4 and spend some money on making it a proper weekend weapon.

If you're planning on making anything into a weekend weapon, I'd go with the turbocharged B5s.

So much harder to extract any more power out of an N/A engine.

The only B7 RS4's ive seen for less than £20k are those that have been stolen and recovered, Although in mint conition id never trust it! If it were my choice id save hard for another 5k and get a B7 without doubt as there are mint ones lurking for 19-20k with lowish mileage...and thoughtsome may disagree i think the b7 looks so much nicer than the B8

If it was me then I would save a few more pennies and keep my eyes open for a B7 at the right money. With a bit of patience, and luck, you should easily be able to pick up something decent for under 20k. Within reason, I wouldn't be too put off with a high mileage as long as it has a full Audi service history.

If you're planning on making anything into a weekend weapon, I'd go with the turbocharged B5s.

So much harder to extract any more power out of an N/A engine.

Sorry, meant B5 S4 (stupid iPad, I still can't type with it). Same 2.7L turbo V6 as the RS4, but you'll save enough on purchase price to get uprated suspension, brakes etc and a good remap.

Smart money would be get a nice condition b5 s4 and fiddle with that. I would go for some loba 600 turbo's, wagner intercoolers, wagner 3" downpipes, bigger fuel pump & injectors, loba 650nm clutch & flywheel, some porsche 6 pot front brakes, 034 arm kit, bilstein pss9's, some apikol diff mounts/bushes and a few other choice parts, then a good custom map buy someone like rich @ viper tuning or rick @ unicorn. This will turn it into something very special that most cars wont even come close to. Plus it is a proper Q car that can shock some seriously expensive cars.Lots of fun destroying r8's, porsche turbo's etc with a b5 s4 (550bhp 800nm) with a tdi badge on the back :-D I would say this as i am a b5 rs4 owner who owns a performance parts/tuning company :)

b5 s4 engine & rs4 engine are very different. They use next to none of the same components, different turbos, intercoolers, heads, block, pistons, rods, injectors, fuel pump, intake manifold, intake pipes, clutch, suspension uprights, brakes... the list goes on.

Day to day bus B7, Weekend/tracktoy B5

Some good advice there thanks for all the suggestions :)

Decided on a B7 in the end, just waiting for underwriters to complete the deal.

Here is the B7 in question,

IMAG1501_zps71f1df70.jpg

Many people have slated the 'poverty spec' as it has comfort seats and mfsw, to me less desirable to steal and more comfy.

Hope you like :)

Reactions: Brodster
Yep overpriced, check on RS256.com as their members know their cars and what they are worth

Out of interest hektor what kind of cost are you looking at for those mods?

You can get very good power from the 2.7TT for not a huge amount of money, or you can do as i have done and spend a fortune. For the spec mentioned below you would be looking at the thick end of £8-12K.