B5 rear caliper bolts

Andyb5tdi

B5 1.9TDi AFN
Reaction score
This is the type currently fitted and the internal hex is very well worn. Does someone know of a better replacement, and/or what pitch/ thread they are and what grade material they should be

I'm thinking a standard hex head would be a more sensible idea.

Tia

Andy

Attachments

• caliperbolt.png
    caliperbolt.png
    90.2 KB · Views: 669
just buy new standard bolts from audi, they are a non-standard pitch and a specific length.

Reactions: Andyb5tdi
M10 x 1.25 x 20 is what Audi lists for those bolts on EPC. I'm after a couple myself.

Part number N0199123

Thanks guys, it's not that I plan on taking them on and off every 5 mins, but an external hex would make more sense IMO

its probably internal for clearance, and they work fine, so leave it alone :p

Replace the old rusty worn ones for nice fresh ones and job done.

Personally, i've found the factory coatings to be better than anything else.

BZP bolts rust in a few months on a car. If you fit new factory bolts, it will be YEARS before they rust again.

When removing the rear allen hex bolts, always hammer in the hex-key first to dislodge any rust or corrosion so it sits snug. Poorly fitting hex-key will strip head as soon as you put pressure on it otherwise.

Is it Quattro or FWD? For the FWD I use driveshaft bolts from newer A4,A6 etc.. same size bolts, but with a M12 multispline head.

N90441103 is the part number,

Cool, I'm guessing the tensile strength of the N90441103 are the same or higher than the original ones?

Probably better than original I would guess. Could check the difference between the two torque settings for each bolt.. I’ve been running mine for 5 years plus with no issues, I had to come to replace mine because the originals where minced and looking about my old work (Audi dealer) one day for bolts I found spare driveshafts bolts and they’re perfect. Multispline instead of hex so less issues with rounding..

Just an update, I fitted the new bolts (without checking the thread, (my bad) and stripped one of the threads in the caliper bracket . I got a set of the
original type bolts from the dealer and have fitted them and coated the heads with copper slip to try to slow down the corrosion on the bolts .

FullSizeRender

The bolt on the left are the N90441103 (12point head, driveshaft bolts) and the one on the right is the OEM bolt N0199123

Yep all sorted now mate, now to do the front wheel bearing as the rear one didn't stop the noise lol