b5 spring perches?

hitman1978

Reaction score
Hi, I spoke to my local tps today regarding prices for b5 spring perches, they claim there are 3 different versions and would need a chassis number or part number. Anyone any ideas to what perches I would need for an 03 sport Quattro, thanks

As far as I'm aware they're all the same. I've never heard of different part numbers for them.

That's what I thought aswell, bloke at tps has never heard of the mod either tho

Fitted mine a couple of months back and I ordered them from TPS,

Here's the part number:

8D0412103B

Thanks to both of you, just need to sort some cash and some time to get these done

£60?? Be jsut as much to just buy front lowering springs wont it?? Would save the hassle of pinch bolts too....

Ahh right cool, interesting this as I'm thinking of doing it too, whats the deal with the pinch bolt tho? I've read it's a nightmare...

the pinch bolt is what secures both top arms to the hub carrier BUT you dont have to remove the bolt to gain access to the suspension leg, instead do everything as normal but leave the long pinch bolt alone and instead release the top suspension arms from the other ends and to do this you need to drop the suspension leg from the turret so you can access the other 2 bolts, doesn't take any longer to do it this way in fact it will likely save you time trying to remove the long pinch bolt.

Ok well I'll Give them a bell tomorrow. Dont suppose you've got a pic handy have you??

Great stuff this threads come just at the right time as ill be doing mine shortly too thanks for the info.

I'm hoping I'm lucky with the pinch bolts, all my arms were replaced less then 6 months ago so hoping they'll come out no problems

I'd recommend trying to battle with the pinch bolt if you have time anyway, it's handy to come out as if you ever need to replace a control arm you'll need to remove it anyway. Once it's out just use anti-seize and if you're concerned for future wellfare then loosen it and remove it every year, it might help to stop the corrosion.

As for the perches, yeah mine came to the best part of £60 (inc vat), but that's cos i also bought four replacement pinch bolts which were nearly a tenner. Plus, i was a bit lazy and stoke audi man delivered them to my door :D Chances are you'll need replacement bolts, especially if they're as horrendously corroded as mine were. They ended up in 4 bits in the end, due to both ends shearing off and then cutting them.

And as above, whether it's lowering springs or perches...the springs need to come out as it's what the spring sits on.