B6 A4 1.9 TDI Avant - MPG for Quattro vs Non-Quattro?

Addie

Reaction score
Looking for a second car and surprised by the prices you can now get a B6 Avant for, it doesn't seem that long ago when they were knocking on £10k (or maybe that just shows how long since I've looked).

Tempted by a Quattro, can anyone tell me that if Parkers is right in as far as it knocks 9MPG off the top of the 2WD version? I seem to recall Audi said it was only 2MPG.

Audi A4 1.9TDI (130) Quattro Sport - 41MPG
Audi A4 1.9 TDI (130) Sport - 50MPG

Are these accurate?

Not sure what a FWD does, but on my recent trip to Le Mans and back my quattro (fully loaded with adults and gear) averaged 45mpg...

Most of that was motorway at 80mph, using cruise control....

I have an A4 1.9tdi Quattro avant and it's now o it's 3rd tank of diesel in my hands
1st tank gave 44mpg average to the tank
2nd tank gave 45mpg average to the tank
3rd tank is currently showing 45mpg average with half a tank left to run

1st tank was a run up from bournemouth to Skipton and then running about, school runs ,shopping etc
2nd tank was running about, shopping and a couple of 1hr runs at commuter pace.
3rd tank is same as 2nd

If you drove like a saint then i dare say you could get it higher but for a big car and a 4wd one at that, it's a good average!, BTW, i don't have cruise control so with that it would improve further!

And also, come winter i'll have a huge smile on my face:happy:

Last edited:
I still have my A4Q 1.9tdi, around town mid 30s, on a run / motorway high 40s car is remapped and running 184bhp and seems to be better on fuel after the remap if driven like an old fart:)