B6 Audi A4 tdi sport

bradh

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
hi all thought id throw some pictures up in hear as i think this will be a little project of mine
picked it up yesterday 2003 tdi 130 sport with votex kit fitted (think its a copy kit) as it just don't look right in a few places

hear it is once i got it home:

1st annoying job is this little ******:

after about an hour trying to remove the stupid plastic cover is was off motor out and stripped down cleaned and re greased and re built fingers crossed it lasts but im not that hope full so cover is staying off for a bit as i need to get a replacement boot switch as it only opens with the key in the lock

the cars need some bits tidying up and replacing but overall im really happy with it

all comments welcome good or bad :)

Has the kit been screwed on too tight? Looks like bumps from the screws pushing through all around bumpers and sills. Otherwise looks tidy and just needs a bit of TLC. Looks to have been lowered already, too.

What you got planned then???

See now I thought it was to tight that or it's been removed and re fitted badly either way if needs fixing not sure on weather it's been lowered not even got that far as to looking under it yet just currently trying to get rid of the smell out the car it literally smells of fags and last nights curry !!!!

Votex kit won't have come cheap so don't understand why someone would do such a poor job of fitting it!? From some of the pics I've seen it sometimes look poorly fitted from factory. Be interested to see what you can do with it.

Here's a pic of mine on factory sport springs (20mm lower)

2013 05 02 190726

Yours defo looks lower!

As for the smell...dealers used to use deoderiser bombs but they can't now due to health and safety so try ebay

been out playing aging today now have the boot handle working , well it was never not working just the solenoid that it triggers was shot, so go to my shed look for the bits i stripped out of my old passat boot only a few weeks ago and bingo found a nice working solenoid to use and it worked a treat (i like fixes that dont cost me anything)

old broken audi item:

working passat one:

almost ready to try and re-fit the ruddy boot trim just want to leave it another week and keep trying the window wiper and wash system to make sure it works with no leaks

not so good up date got into my car to go home this evening and works drive goes up hill and to the right and i heard a whoosh noise like some one pouring water i know instantly what it was got home passenger floor carpet the very top was wet so know the drains were blocked in engine bay and sure enough they were a good 3 inch of water in there so went in side to sort tools and no central locking great :( so pulled car pet back as far as it could go no water under it strange i thought then checked my key fob and it had come un done and popped semi open lol squeezed back in and it worked lol but nice ti know its dry under there

then back to engine bay ripped cover and battery out shoved fingers in gooey dark hole :( and then popped both of the grommets completely out no more blockages hear now had planned to do this at the week end but at least its done now would of got pics but i got soaked enough ruddy rain

Picked up larger front brakes this evening eBay bargain :) so fingers crossed on the week end :)

bit of an up date new larger 312 mm brakes are on working great massive improvement!!

next new air filter and pollen filter strip clean and re seal:
old vs new!!!

cleaned up:

sealed:

inplace:

next job was to swap air filter :

then finally got round to fitting some bits iv been buying off eBay some engine covers witch i think really really tidy the whole look of the engine bay up!!

before:

after:

let me know what u think next up should be full service inc cam belt water pump fuel filter !!

Managed to bag them off eBay and nice abc cheep 2 both cost me £13 inc postage from 2 diff sellers :)

One of drivers side was new off eBay other was of an s4 breaking so I would check for s4 breaking on there

right not a major up-date but today the car went to have some dents taken out and the interior fully wet vacced as last owner must of spilt a curry in the passenger side foot well so when ya driving u get a warm and very off smelling curry when the heatings on (sick)

another plus in the morning im picking up new wheels for my car nice set of 18's that might be going for powder coating before going on the car just to decide and color now :)

after spending about 4-6 weeks trying to find a genuine and straight/round set of audi rs4 alloys finally i got some the other week sent them off for powdercoating in a gunmetal grey (little sparkle too) just need to match up some paint for the center caps and ill be happy :)

cars in for big service on monday list is:
full cambelt kit
water pump + coolant
aux belts
alternator belt tensioner
thermostat

then ill do oil and filter next week end and its ready for winter then:)