B6 cabriolet FM/aerial problem

mark-w2017

Reaction score
i posted a question in the specific forum but didn't get much response, so hopefully some of you guys in the area may help?
basically, the car [2004 2.4 auto] has the OE radio/single CD player. CD plays fine, no radio reception - FM or AM. after looking round the forums, i found the aerial cable on the boot hinge snapped. result! or so i thought, repairing this resulted in still non worky. i have also read that the booster module thing can fail. there's 2 of them - how can you tell if they're working or not? i know they are ££hundreds new, but available s/hand.
an easier way sounds like using one of these hidden aerials off e bay from china for a couple of quid. now, i know these won't be as good as factory equipment, but if it gives us a few radio stations i would be happy - any words of advice regarding these or the problem itself?

read my post in other section you metioned. MOST definately be an issue with the coax cable in the boot grommet. done loas of them now. its common fault due to bad design. can be fixed with a a decent soldering iron and bit of patience in 30 mins.

well there IS a problem there - the black carpet tape wound round there was a giveaway! a co-ax cable and a brown cable were severed. unfortunately rejoining these did not restore radio reception - unless there's a fault elsewhere in the co-ax?