B6 Leather Interior

stevereid

Reaction score
Hello again folks,
Next question.
I've been looking for a leather interior to replace my cloth for a while. The problem I have is that my B6 saloon doesn't have folding rear seats, so, how big a job is it to fit read folding leather seats ? Is it best to steer clear ?
Just all of them on ebay seem to have the split fold leather, where mine is solid :(

Thanks
Steve

i would think they fitting the same but just have a frame with a cut out in the middle
and just make sure you have all parts they should have a bit they looking to so they stay up

Last edited:
Simon,
I think there is a steel sheet across the back of the seat, seperating the boot from the seats.
I wondered if its cut away, are the brackets in place for the split seats ?

I've seen a half leather I really like, but has split rear seat, so need to know before I waste money.

Steve

iv looked in the haynes book i have but it dont say it says to take them out is the same so i can only think
the fitting brackets are the same. but to be safe have a look before you buy or call to audi they will tell you for sure.

No..... I've done the retro fit to my old B7 saloon. (which is the same as the b6 for the interior seat setup) The mounts are totally different and the bulk head between the boot and passenger comparement isn't a simple job to remove. You will need non-folding leather rear seats.

Auroan,
I feared that was going to be the answer :( nothing is ever simple.

Cheers

I was just hoping to spend around £500 for a used replacement interior, rather than £1000 to cover mine.
I guess i'll have to keep a look out for an interior with solid back seat.
If anyone out there is selling one please let me know.

Steve