B6 S4 Brakes

J7USS

Shuddup Foooool!!
Reaction score
Ok so I finally got hold of the brakes I want from a B6 S4 (thanks to Quattronics Ltd) and I was wondering if any of you guys could point me in the right direction for some decent hoses or is it ok using my existing ones??

Just need some splash gaurds and im good to go...
:icon_thumright:

J7USS I have the b5 s4 version on my b6 s-line and i was thinking of using an after market hose setup , but in the end used the s4 hose's (rubber)that came with the brakes so far so good

Is the braking that much better from the s4 ones?

I have a set here and either need to find some B6 uprights to fit them, or i sell them to one of you guys. Anyone breaking a B6?

What diameter are the S4's?

You going front and rear or just the fronts?

They are 345mm discs (30mm thick)
Just the fronts for now as the rears are not as easy as I thought!

NikNak - I paid £170 for the calipers/carriers included, disc and pads. The disc and pads have only done 1500 miles!

CMD - I was thinking of just getting the standard hoses too.Should be ok I reckon!

Byzan - Yeah loads better for us 1.8T's. So much bigger aswell. My standards are suffering from serious brake fade its scary!

Good price, do they stock more or is it a matter of keeping your eye for for them?

Good price, do they stock more or is it a matter of keeping your eye for for them?

No they were taken off an S4 for an Upgrade, been on his shelf for 2months collecting dust....and spiders!:faint:

Very hard to come by these B6 S4 Brakes. I know a breaker who is selling just Calipers & discs for £250 if you interested...?

Juss, you've got yourself an absolute f*ing steal there mate, good skills! They are going to give you serious braking confidence. I'll see if I can dig out the stock hose part number, they are only around £12 for the dealers, don't think it's worth upgrading to Goodridge or anything either.

J7uss

Does that include the carriers?

Cheers
Ian

No they were taken off an S4 for an Upgrade, been on his shelf for 2months collecting dust....and spiders!:faint:

Very hard to come by these B6 S4 Brakes. I know a breaker who is selling just Calipers & discs for £250 if you interested...?

Craig picked up a set of B6 S4 calipers recently for about 70 quid on ebay. Disks are around 40-50quid each from the local motorfactors.

Personally i would NEVER fit brakes with used disks. But each to their own.

Marc 1 - Yeah I was well chuffed I finally found some.Ive got PJM sending me the Hoses/Splash gaurds. we wasnt sure whether the S4 hoses were different as ETKA wasnt saying different so Ive just gone for fresh hoses. Do you know if they are diff hoses to the 1.8T??

Aragorn - I wouldnt normally but they've only done 1500 miles and still look fresh, Failing that Ill get new ones, doesnt bother me one Bit!!

NikNak - Yeah when I asked they told me the carriers will stay on the calipers. If you want the number to the breaker mate PM me, Im sure they will still have them.

I have stuck my S4 calipers and in the classifieds and on the Bay FWIW.

:sign_plug:

Typical a mod allowed to plug their parts for sale outside the classifieds he he:asskicking:.

How muc do you want for them? Pm me a price

cheers
Ian

Marc 1 - Yeah I was well chuffed I finally found some.Ive got PJM sending me the Hoses/Splash gaurds. we wasnt sure whether the S4 hoses were different as ETKA wasnt saying different so Ive just gone for fresh hoses. Do you know if they are diff hoses to the 1.8T??

Not sure mate, my ETKA is lets say - temperamental at best!

The S4 hoses are the same as the 2.0T B7 ones though, and at the price I reckon safer to just get new OEM ones. You'll need to post up when they're all fitted and let us know if you've nutted the windscreen yet!

Typical a mod allowed to plug their parts for sale outside the classifieds he he:asskicking:.

How muc do you want for them? Pm me a price

cheers
Ian

Of course adding them to your sig is perfectly acceptable :whistle2:

Ahha, sig is acceptable, and mentioning it in an already open thread is fine, starting one of your own as a for sale is taking the mikey tho. You will notice no links in my plug!!!!

Anyway !!! lol

Cheers Mark! I checked out your brakes too, look really tidy, especailly with those drilled and grooved discs, so someone will get a good set there. :icon_thumright:

Not sure mate, my ETKA is lets say - temperamental at best!

The S4 hoses are the same as the 2.0T B7 ones though, and at the price I reckon safer to just get new OEM ones. You'll need to post up when they're all fitted and let us know if you've nutted the windscreen yet!
:haha:

Yeah I will do mate, Part 2 of my transformation is almost complete so more Picture whoring to come....(so make sure everybody that you have plenty of Bandwidth)

Hi Juss,

Are they still available, have you seen them what size are the discs.:idea:

I had a quick look and they looked ok from behind the wheel.
The discs are huge 345mm, they look massive when your used to our mountain bike brakes!
I can forward/PM you a number if you wish?

Hi Juss,

Are they still available, have you seen them what size are the discs.:idea:

Yeh pleas do.

Thanks

:icon_thumright:
I had a quick look and they looked ok from behind the wheel.
The discs are huge 345mm, they look massive when your used to our mountain bike brakes!
I can forward/PM you a number if you wish?

Lucky for me I only Bought Goods and not services!:rockwoot:

They're probably ok so long as you pay cash on delivery and not up front.
Am aware of their rep, so would never use them personally.

He should never walk alone down a dark alley...

:gun2:

:haha:

Yeah I will do mate, Part 2 of my transformation is almost complete so more Picture whoring to come....(so make sure everybody that you have plenty of Bandwidth)

Bring on the picture whoring!

Are your S4 Brake discs smaller. In your add as 320mm:whistle2:

Juss qoutes 345mm big difference.

Thanks.

Ahha, sig is acceptable, and mentioning it in an already open thread is fine, starting one of your own as a for sale is taking the mikey tho. You will notice no links in my plug!!!!

Anyway !!! lol

The B6 S4 Brakes are 345mm @ V6 QUATT
Mine aint on yet but will be very soon!!

And Byzan A4's where B5 S4 brakes.

bsixeven!! thats ****** clever, i'm robbing that!! no mate, i wish!! i'm dying for another pocket rocket but everyone loves my soddin' quattro too much, just seen how cheap u can pick 1.8t engine and g/boxes up for, could drop it in a li'l lupo in an afternoon and it'd fly!! saw one in a redline mag abit ago runnin 320bhp in a polo! hard to get the power down but it'd still be alot of fun!! i might have to text ya in abit and get some info off you without all this forum pub talk!!