B6 TDI 130 lumpy idle when warm problem

ian-r

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Just getting to know my way around here and have this annoying fault with me car if anyone can offer advise?
Bascially when the car has got up to running temperature on idle it gets very lumpy and the whole front of the car can shake about, as if its going down to 3 cylinders - there is no smoke or anything like that coming out the back. It will say drop onto 3 for 5 seconds then be ok for 1 - 2 seconds then do it again. All i have to do is put on around 100 rpm and this disappears. It does not do this when it is cold so its now very annoying!
Only thing i can think is one of the injector spray patterns may be off? Anyone with similar experience? No other performace issues when its warm or driving at all, just on idle.
I have by-passed the egr, cleaned the inlet manifold, its had a new duel mass flywheel not long ago and turned the idle speed up slightly

Thanks

Erm it doesnt have a throttle body as such - its tdi and im sure the idle control would be built into the fuel pump?

Im also suffering from this problem on my 130 TDI, anybody have any ideas....

try unblanking erg valve i know this sometimes has a negative effect, unless of coarse it was playing up before you blanked it. but im no expert
otherthan that leaky vacum pipe maybe