B7 Avant Family Car Project

tdipower00

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I've always been messin around with my cars ever since I started driving..
But now a family man I got myself as the wife puts it "granddad car" ....had to be auto, diesel with a big boot for shopping and pushchair...to keep the wife happy..
I'm not going to go crazy..just a few simple mods...
sly.gif

Anyway..
I wanted a B7 model as I love the shape and looks..
Found one on autotrader full spec with leathers,xenons,sunroof,satnav,sline, etc...

Gonna start on the inside first :salute:

Last edited by a moderator:
Standard leathers had to go!!!!!!

PhotoPhoto 1

And RS4 buckets went straight in :arco:

Photo 30 1Photo 31 1

Attachments

• photo-30.jpg
    photo-30.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 239
  • photo-31.jpg
    photo-31.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 272
My wife calls my car a grandad car, I don't think it helps that I bought it off my grandad. :ninja:

Looking good though.
The RS4 seats look really great.

what's next?

Hi mate,

i'll post more pics up in a bit
- carbon trim
- push button start
- rs steering wheel
- rs4 door sills
- LED RNS-E from S3 2012
:icon_thumright:

Reactions: ScottD3
I didn't really like the brushed aluminium dash and saw carbon was available in the RS4 B7 so I popped down to the dealer and got a shock to find out how much the carbon was...
Light surround trim 170 plus vat...all in all complete carbon was just under 2k...ouch!!!:undwech:

I searched high and low and 2 hour drive found a set

Photo 275

Being now inspired by the RS4 I decided install the push button start, flip cigarette lighter and up grade the old RNS-E unit for a LED VERSION from a 2012 S3.

Photo 276 headunit and dash control out

Photo 277 tapping into ignition:ermm:

Photo 1 works perfect

I didn't like the mahoooosive standard steering so fitted the RS4 steering wheel..

Photo 280 installed it and it felt great but I couldn't control my new headunit with the steering controls..which is pointless

sold the steering wheel and searched for another steering wheel which had the same "fat" sporty feel but which could also control my headunit....

Photo 279 found an R8 steering wheel and hey hoo...it works lol..

can't believe the difference a steering wheel makes to the feel of the car...

Reactions: Fuman
Hey tdi power...love the build....really love the start push button.
Is it an aftermarket kit or all orignal spec..if so could u maybe post the numbers as i've been thinking of it for ages and also what wires did u tap into.... sorry for being cheeky and asking.cheers anyway
phil

Hi Phil,

The push button is a genuine RS4 Audi part. I bought the kit for around 100ish complete with loom and instructions which were in german and had to translate myself. You will need to get the flip/hide away lighter to make it fit properly.
I will have a look for the link to where I got it from and post it up on here so other members can buy it if they wanted...
Cheers
Rich

Didn't like the boring plane look of the standard door sill so snapped some genuine RS4 ones which fit nicely..

Photo 282

I decided to move onto the exterior and brighten up the lights..
Popped down to my mates shop and changed my rear number plate lights for some bright SMD LED lights...

IMG 3270

IMG 1003

Sorry about the upside down picture..not sure what happened there..
As you can see mahoooosive difference..night and day difference..
(Easy mod and the wife didn't even notice:whistle2:

Attachments

• photo-283.jpg
    photo-283.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 207
Did u get a canbus error with the rear number plate led lights?or did u put a bulb in instead of a whole unit?

I wanted to update the rear lights so search for LED tail lights...

wasn't sure of the smoke tail lights...
Photo 284

the red tail lights looks more OEM look...
Photo 285

IMO the number plate lights are far to bright now, in the dark its very overpowering

IMO the number plate lights are far to bright now, in the dark its very overpowering

Its my camera on my phone which makes it look over powering. It's actually not that bright if you see what I mean... (You need to see it in person to see how it actually looks) If it was that bright I sure I would have been stopped by traffic and told to change them.

Right next next thing to do was to change the alloys. I wanted to keep the OEM look I decided I wanted 19's to fill the arches...
Got some Genuine Audi Speedline alloys which I fitted straight away..

Photo 291
They were 8.5 x 19 and had a et43 which was perfect and fitted like a glove.
I wrapped them with a 235/35/19

Photo 293
I decided to get Vredestein Ultrac Vorti as they had 100% on the reviews and I've had Vredestiens Sessanta's on my old Scooby which were very good too..

I'm definitely going to lower the car to have that nice aggressive stance...
few pics of my old avant lowered..
Photo 292

front
Photo 294
rear
Photo 298

on porsche wheels

Photo 296

Hi tdi.thx for the replie to the led lights.i bought the original Audi ones and had to put a resistor in to battle the error codes lol.
got the rs start button so starting that this week.was it just the splicing of the three wires into the ignition that u did so u can push button start or did u do anything with the starter itself as i think it says one goes to the starter( my german is bad aswell ) ? just wondering lol.
cheers anyway :)

Last edited:
Sorry for the slow reply dude been busy moving house.
From what I can remember the start button connects to the lighter (blue with blue), the 2 brown wires are grounded to the chassis and the rest go to the ignition. If I remember correctly the wires are colour coded correctly so you can't really go wrong.