B7 avant wheel offset?

Gates

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a set of 18 or 19" rs4 or bbs ch wheels for my new a4 avant and am new to Audi so I was wondering what offset I should be looking out for and whether or not I'll need spacers for them. Thanks

I think 35 is the max and 43 is the norm, If you go for 45 you will need spacers to bring them out.

Yeah 45 would probably need spacers, although nothing drastic. 42 might be stock, and 35 still about legal.

So 10mm spacers on a 45 offset wheel would be ok? Sorry but I'm a bit new to all this offset malarkey as every car I've had I just put other model wheels on ( I had a vectra gsi before and put the vauxhall snowflakes on) so never had to worry about the offsets.

Thanks for all the help

Yeah 45 would probably need spacers, although nothing drastic. 42 might be stock, and 35 still about legal.

ET42 on my OE RS4 style wheels (s-line Sp Edn.) Can't see you would need spacers with ET45 as the wheels are just 3mm further in each side. Hardly noticeable, and you can compensate with 245 tyres instead of 235.

I've even got away with ET50 as a temporary fix when needing extra winter grip. Handling wasn't ideal, but grip was more important than dynamics during a brief snowy period.

Audi OEM S4 18 Avus alloys have an offset of ET45 - and they don't look bad!

05.jpg

01.jpg

Food for thought! I would say ET 40 would look great, 35 can look at little chav - but thats just my opinion.

And heres my old B6 A4 which had standard 18'' alloys with an offset of ET43.

190_03.jpg

190_04.jpg

190_02.jpg

And... Just for fun here's my old TT which I went 'wide' on.. ; )

TT_34.jpg

I'm looking at some 19" rs4 reps for my sline avant which are Et45 so judging by all of your help they will fit ok so thanks very much for all your help, just to clarify the smaller the offset the further out the wheel sits is that right?

Yes - relative to standard for that car.

i.e. a B7 may have ET42 as built whereas a TT (8J) may be at ET52 as standard but have a similar look as regards their "stance".