b7 cabrio rear lights onto a b6 cabrio

dhillon884

Reaction score
Hi,

Audi have said £80 each for the b7 cabrio rear lights, which isn't a bad mod to give the back of a cab a newer look. Breakers charge about £50 each....

Anyone done this? I know its a straight swap and that an adaptor can be bought from kufatec (or someplace) so the computer sensors doesnt detect faulty bulbs. But I want to know from peoples experiences?

Any advice would be greatful... Thank you

I did it a while ago, like you say straight swop cluster wise, and just add the wiring adapter from Kufatec, the drivers rear cluster kufatec adapter has a large metal resistor as it doesn't have a reverse light on that side, its a fog light instead

When the car is in reverse the metal resistor gets to about 300c so be careful it can melt anything near it, including the wiring for the light

Didn't think the light were that cheap from Audi, I paid more for them 2nd hand !! than what you say for brand new

Yea, thats with VAT. but then again, 50 each from a breaker sounds better. So the adaptor is a must then, i'll order one when i get it done...

The brake light on the boot lid can be done too then?

Thanks for the help, i just needed the reassurance

I checked a few breakers and they wanted more than £50 aswell

You can do the middle brake light, a few have, I didn't as I don't actually know what the difference is ??

Once I fitted the new rear clusters I wasn't over impressed actually, just one of those if I can change something that fits a newer car, I do it !!! :kissmyrings:

Yea, thats with VAT. but then again, 50 each from a breaker sounds better. So the adaptor is a must then, i'll order one when i get it done...

The brake light on the boot lid can be done too then?

Thanks for the help, i just needed the reassurance

I phoned a dealer this morning to check and they said they were £81.08 ex VAT so 93.24 inc. Which dealer gave you that price ?

I can supply them brand new for £82.79 each inc VAT. PM if anyone interested.

Got some clusters today from a guy breaking a 2008 3.2 quattro... shame it had a very bad front end crash....

I did want to stick them straight on, but I'll wait until I get the adapter, can anyone send me the link on where to order it from? Kufatec.....

105quid from a guy who was breaking a 2008 one... mint condition...

The price i got from dealer was wot i jotted down wen i was speaking to the guy, i may have misunderstood...

How long does a delivery from Kufatec take?
This morning I checked on thier website and my order status is "complete/delivered"... What does this mean? I don't have anything?