B7 Front Splitter Opinions

Sean_

Reaction score
Lads, I'm looking to change up my splitter soon and have come across a few options which I like. Haven't seen them on another B7 yet apart from some in the pictures. I currently have a Cupra splitter but unfortunately my bumper is SE which is just plain bland and I hate it, much prefer the S-line but they are quite expensive and a DTM is waaay over priced so a new splitter will do for now.

40186334129a9f28cef1a7f602e8eee7.jpg

I have a few options, was looking to go away from the norm and even look at splitters which aren't made directly for our models. So I wanted to start this thread to see what people's opinions would be. I kind of have my heart set on one of them but it would be a risk cause it won't be a direct fit but I'm sure it can be retrofitted.

So here's the first two.. from Maxton design made specially for the B7, there are two designs..

e3d0f452c46a11b320c3f0c4c8b08871.jpg

Second one

b60481b91c95c3f3fdc7a1e11f4a9669.jpg

fb835d57a73bdd0a0210b35c7dd9ca35.jpg

Both are only for the SE bumper.

Next I was looking at was to fit a MK2 Leon Cupra which I like, this is one I was more leaning towards. I'm sure it can be retrofitted, it does follow a different shape though.

1cb43577aa474c4ec34c863d2f6b31de.jpg

1c07b937eda59c9f92d24d528df09b96.jpg

3305e3a069a5801ee899a19ae0e1cfe2.jpg

Last one I seen was to fit a MK6 Golf, looks really well and looks like it could also be retrofitted.

4e2e0e19aa5e4fb389d86af838985770.jpg

f78d4c5caf5a82a3749bbd7aa6d2f252.jpg

I want to try something different and I think the others could work well on my B7.

Let me know your thoughts..

Reactions: carlcall
personally I'd stick with the splitter, i've got the SE bumper too and now what you mean but I think anything else apart from LCR splitter would look out of place. the second splitter you've posted looks just like the LCR but painted gloss black.

The first pic is that how splitter sits now? Think you could probably get that tighter to the bumper i reckon, car looks good as is IMO mesh grill looks spot on :sunglasses:

The other splitters you've shown look great.... on those cars I don't think it would suit the SE that well. Work that would be required to fit you may be better off getting a sline front bumper

Sorry mate probably not what you wanted to hear but just my opionion

Reactions: Sean_
personally I'd stick with the splitter, i've got the SE bumper too and now what you mean but I think anything else apart from LCR splitter would look out of place. the second splitter you've posted looks just like the LCR but painted gloss black.

The first pic is that how splitter sits now? Think you could probably get that tighter to the bumper i reckon, car looks good as is IMO mesh grill looks spot on :sunglasses:

The other splitters you've shown look great.... on those cars I don't think it would suit the SE that well. Work that would be required to fit you may be better off getting a sline front bumper

Sorry mate probably not what you wanted to hear but just my opionion

I put it out there to hear other peoples feedback so thanks for that! :)

The first picture is how it is as of last week, I had a small mishap with a kerb so damaged it a little, I will be getting it fitted better come the weekend. The second one is like a double sized Cupra splitter, like a Cuprazilla spoiler I seen on Audizine which is a custom made one that looks pretty decent. I'm still a little undecided on what to get.

I think stick with your current one, I find one of the main reasons they look good on either bumper variant is because they are a sutle splitter and B7 are all about being sutle to be honest, its very easy to go OTT on a B7 and spoil there great lines and looks, just my input.
I have one and find it goes well with the rs4 grill and foglamp mesh inserts.

Reactions: Sean_
I think stick with your current one, I find one of the main reasons they look good on either bumper variant is because they are a sutle splitter and B7 are all about being sutle to be honest, its very easy to go OTT on a B7 and spoil there great lines and looks, just my input.
I have one and find it goes well with the rs4 grill and foglamp mesh inserts.

Thanks Rob!

I just find it hard to stick with as mines not an S-line so there are no great lines with mine you know hence why I'm looking for something different! From the front it looks good but from the side just turns me off :(

I invested in a Hofele front bumper to replace my s-line item , much nicer product altogether and don't need the splitter on it either, just waiting for the nicer weather to return before I fit it, uses my rs4 grill aswell so wasn't as costly as it could have been.....