B7 reverse rake - what have you all done?

Tyrer

Reaction score
The reverse rake issue seems to plague the B7 in standard suspension guise.

Now what have people done to address it? Springs, coils etc.

I'm looking at this now and any information and specs would be much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On A3/S3 and VW cars people replace rear spring pads with ones from Audi TT. They are about 7mm thicker. I don't know if it fits your car.

Is reverse rake where the nose is higher? Do the b5 perches sort this? Can't seem to find any to buy though

Yes, the reverse rake is where the nose is higher :) I dunno about B5. I saw how people do this to Jettas, Golfs, CCs and A3s, myself inclusive. The OE part number 8J0512149. But again, I don't know if these pads would fit a B7 (or B5?).

the b7 Quattro avants suffer from this , mine did, I changed to H&R springs and now its nice and level .
james, if you look at the classified ads you be surprised at what you can find,,nudge ,nudge, wink wink.....there's a set of new ones on there.

Reactions: Tyrer and SDHA4SLine
Iv done the b5 pirches on my b7 avant & happy with it.

102d5eaaf93a8ea7cd72ab27660ee090.jpg

011a5f23fc1dec7aed72b2ec1ae83368.jpg

I don't think I can go much lower as I'm running 325 35 19 but no rubbing with the pirches.

Reactions: James.c
yeh you can go lower no probs there, mine is and i cross fields and dodgy farm tracks all the time, no rubbing issues
20160515 141339

same size wheels and tyres and eibach springs

the b7 Quattro avants suffer from this , mine did, I changed to H&R springs and now its nice and level .
james, if you look at the classified ads you be surprised at what you can find,,nudge ,nudge, wink wink.....there's a set of new ones on there.

What size wheels you got on mate, I was thinking h&r but I was concerned about rubbing. I do on the back when Iv got passengers over bumps.

I'm on 18" rims with the 235/40 rubber, ET35 allround, with the H&R 45 drop srings all round I have no issues with bodywork contact even when fully loaded etc, i think if i was to go out more than 3-5mm more the rears would most certainly rub when loaded, was temped to go a tad more but decided to play safe and stick with the way it is , it looks nice and works well so it would be bonkers to spoil things for a few mm now.
IMG 1010

Last edited:
I'm on 18" rims with the 235/40 rubber, ET35 allround, with the H&R 45 drop srings all round I have no issues with bodywork contact even when fully loaded etc, i think if i was to go out more than 3-5mm more the rears would most certainly rub when loaded, was temped to go a tad more but decided to play safe and stick with the way it is , it looks nice and works well so it would be bonkers to spoil things for a few mm now.
View attachment 98846

The H & R s have settled in nicely Rob, looks just right !!!

What are the practicality issues surrounding lowering? My Mk4 Golf was on coilovers and I wound them all the way down which made life difficult at times. The Audi ferries my little girl around and as a result, my other half has the car most of the time. I've always wanted to lower it, but I don't want the car to be impractical (multistories, speed bumps etc). I know it's a bit off the OP's topic, but as the convo seems to be steering that way, I thought I'd ask...

Iv got 4mm spacers on the rear and arches rolled and flared slightly.

So if you fit lowering springs it evens it out with no rake but if you want to stay stock sline height get b5 perches to level it out?

Just to add my 2 pence...

Indeed the reverse rake is also apparent on my B6 Cabby but looks ever so slighlty better being on 20''.

I think your stamement above is true James, but others will confirm.

Im going back to 19's and then adjustable coilovers I've decided. None of this faffing aroung business as I know it will never be 'perfect' in my eyes. Hope you get it sorted!

So B5 Spring perches are the answer.

Part is 8D0-412-103-B

And the same as the VW Passat part.... The Audi part is rare to find and the VW genuine part is £35 I have found

Reactions: DrStrange