B7 RS4 replica's for B6 A4

Platinum70

Reaction score
When I was at AMD recently they were selling a set of the new RS4 replica's complete with Avon ZZ3 tyres for £650 plus VAT. If I hadn't just fitted F1's all round I would have snapped them up. Sounds a right bargain to me.

Anyone else agree?

Although are there downsides to replica alloys over OEM ones??

I thought this a while back and my fears were confirmed when I saw a set of 18" Five arm replicas a couple of weeks back - They just couldn't match OEM for close up finish and casting.

But I am pretty fussy and TBH I'd still like a set of 19" Five Arms come new tyre time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

BUB

Only really weight (reps can be heavier than originals) and the centre caps, which you can always change for OEM ones anyway.
OK the finish inside the spokes isn't as good but hey they're wheels afterall, anyone looking that closely should get out more!

[ QUOTE ]
OK the finish inside the spokes isn't as good but hey they're wheels afterall, anyone looking that closely should get out more!

[/ QUOTE ]

What you saying then?

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sorry Bub that wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. I'm just saying that given a rep wheel is less than half the price of an OEM one I think most people would forgive a slightly less than perfect finish, as you only really look at wheels from a few feet away.

Platinum, I agree that the new RS4 reps look good - I just wish you could get them in a 19 as that would look awesome!

Currently I've only seen them available in 18".

id love a set of RS6 style in 19" but dont want replicas

they are too heavy and ive heard reports from a fair few people that the bend and buckle easily /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry Bub that wasn't aimed at anyone in particular. I'm just saying that given a rep wheel is less than half the price of an OEM one I think most people would forgive a slightly less than perfect finish, as you only really look at wheels from a few feet away.

[/ QUOTE ]

No No Andy , I really do need to get out more!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

BUB /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

P.s All good points BTW

[ QUOTE ]
Platinum, I agree that the new RS4 reps look good - I just wish you could get them in a 19 as that would look awesome!

Currently I've only seen them available in 18".

[/ QUOTE ]

Pics of 18" B7 RS4's HERE

BUB

Just had a look at the new wheels on the link that Bub posted above.

I did wonder how they would look on B6 A4, even B6 S4. Forgive my opinion if it offends the user but they do not suit the car at all. They look great on the new RS4 with large discs and callipers but not on this car.

Certainly the s-line I have I think needs the more solid alloy with less on display behind the wheel.

Still a bargain though for the wheels from AMD.

You could always get yourself some nice big brakes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I like those wheels a lot but as you say, they do show off a lot from behind the wheel... I think the bigger they are the better they will look, I've always loved that wide open look of thin spokes on big rims. Need the brakes to back it all up though... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cheers

T

[ QUOTE ]
Certainly the s-line I have I think needs the more solid alloy with less on display behind the wheel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you're right Plat' - Those pics are not very 'flattering' to say the least. I think some better pics would help though and maybe a 30mm drop.

The 19" RS6 Five Arms are the ones for our cars - already a classic Audi wheel /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif

BUB

If weight is an issue Hartmann sells a 19"x8" Forged replica. 22lbs each wheel and also $600 USD's per wheel!!!

rs4b7smallcapb.sized.jpg

rs4b7b.sized.jpg

https://secure9.nexternal.com/shared/Sto...D=1284&All=