B7 RS4 Tpms 01521 fault

Heardy

Reaction score
Hi all
i'm just on with a few jobs on my 2007 RS4 one of which is the tyre pressure monitoring system
One of the sensors was missing from one wheel which I have now replaced, all other sensors are working as this has been confirmed by testing them with an after market universal tyre pressure monitoring receiver and programmer
The tyre pressure system had been coded out of the dash previously (I have now reprogrammed it using VCDS), when read for faults it just has -
1521 Sensor for tyre pressure
004 - no signal/communication -MIL ON

I have tried the reset procedure numerous times but no good, I’ve also tried letting the air out to wake them but again no luck.
You can see the sensors and their relevant id’s when you wake them but only in the live data group that shows the last sensor signal received
In the actual group that shows stored id’s one box is totally blank, where as all the others have either the current or old sensor id’s

Can anyone shed any light on this please

Thanks
Jason

Has anyone any idea with this at all, not sure what to do/try next

I’m not an expert in TPMS, but know that the tire sensors are just one element of the system. There is also an antenna to receive the sensor’s signals, as well as the processing module.

Other than that the only think that may help you is this parts diagram here.

Good luck :racer:

Thats the thing, the antenna is fine, but i suspect its the module as it has totally lost the id of one transponder and it wont accept a new one, also when you alter the coding for say the tyre pressures although it accepts the alterations it doesn’t change in the live data

Just to update you, I disconnected the tpms module for a few hours, reconnected it tried the usual reset initially (which didn’t work) so instead tried the wheel change option and bingo, went back into the menu and reset as normal and no more warning light

I decided to re check the live data and its accepted both new id’s from the sensors

Hi Heardy, I'm retrofitting TPMS and am have trouble. Hope you might be able to help.
I cannot access the 65 tire pressure module with VCDS but I believe it's installed correctly as I can select change wheel in the menu. When I disconnected I can't.
I have a tpms malfunction warning on the dash which I believed should clear after selecting change wheels. Could you tell me what happens on your system when you selected change wheels.