B7 Sports seats (elec lumbar) into SE (no Elec lumbar) wiring help please.

Baka

Reaction score
Hey guys, does anyone know how I would fit sports seats in my SE? My drivers seats collapsed a bit around the lower back.

I've looked how to change the seats and that I need to get split or non split depending on what's there.

But my SE has no electrical lumbar. Will the plug be there? Will it be wired in? Will it need a fuse sticking in the box?

Or will I have to run the wire from the fuse box to the socket block under the seat and fit the socket and the fuse?

Any tips or advice appreciated, thank you!

I'm interested in this.

Mine has heated seats but no electric lumbar which I find weird. I'm looking into firing half leather, heated and electric front seats.

I'm hoping the socket under the seat is there and is wired up to the fuse box, regardless of what you have fitted.

Then we can just plug them in and put in the appropriate fuse for just lumbar or full electric.

Fingers crossed mate, be watching this closely.

Electric lumbar are pins 4 and 5 of the red connector block. On mine these are the only two wires going into the red block.

Easy enough to see if you have any pins in your red connector block under the seat - put the seat all the way back, lift up the connector cover and have a good gander.

Reactions: Baka
Excellent thanks SemiT! I'll have a look tomorrow.

Obviously if you're missing the red connector block completely, that'll be an issue.

Looking at the parts diagram for the inner looms, standard connectors are black 10-pin (seat belt latch and seat occupancy on mine car), red 10-pin (electric lumbar and footwell lighting on mine) and yellow 3-pin (airbag). I guess the spare pins per block are for other uses, full electric etc. I'm not sure if all three connectors are on all model interior looms though.

Brilliant thanks. Just knowing what colour plug does what is a big help.

TBH once I've got the lumbar were I want it, I'll never change it again.

So if it's really involved, I'll probably just plug the lumbar into a 12v battery for a few days and get it were I want it (I can now I know which sockets which!).

I shall attempt to do a proper job first though. :D

Just to report back, SE with manual seats has no plug or wiring for Electric lumbar. So if you're fitting seats with it, they'll need wiring up!

Reactions: Dani_B19