B7 wheels

szokatlan

Reaction score
Hi all!
I need some advice. I looking for a new wheel with 20 inches, but i'm not sure it's fit under the body.
245/40 R20 ET45 5x112
Somebody try it before ? It fits or i had some issues with it ? Thanks for the replyes.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome.

First question, do you really want 20" rims?
next , what is your suspension setup as that will be a factor and what offset do you wish to run?

5x112 is B7 fitment , 20" is doable but will require more costly tires and more planning to avoid issues.

20" are fitted to the B7 rs4 by many owners but that variant has wider wheel arches so more room to utilise.

Depending on et you may struggle with that tyre size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Charlie Farley
oh yeah, my text deleted once... I find 20" rims ( i don't really like that big, but more cheaper than the 19") with ET 45. It's been on A6 before.
I had a normal 2005 B7 sedan 2.0PD TDI 140hp cab

235 is the safest width on a b7, so you need to sort out what rim width and what offset (ET) to start with.

235/35 19" et35 - et28 offset range with an 8.5j rim is probably the best fitment, but personal choice really .

Reactions: Jamsmoo
I fitted 245 35 19 to my a6 speed lines et 48 ,the front tyres fouled the suspension wishbone ..had to space 10mm which with my suspension did leave much travel before rubbing the arches ,an 8mm would probably be perfect but then we get into non hub centric which I try to avoid

I fitted 245 35 19 to my a6 speed lines et 48 ,the front tyres fouled the suspension wishbone ..had to space 10mm which with my suspension did leave much travel before rubbing the arches ,an 8mm would probably be perfect but then we get into non hub centric which I try to avoid

*didn’t leave

I'm thinking something like that. But with 20 inch but et 45 sounds a bit too much..as i see. I want to avoid to hit my suspension wishbone. Pretty sure it's not a "plug and play" situation, i will need some spacers if i want these rims.

you need to do your homework on this.
OEM offset for the b7 platform is ET43 -45 depending on rim and variant .
18" is the largest OEM rim on the a4 variant , going larger in any dimension with rims and tyres can be a minefield and nothing but hassle, hence why you need to be very careful especially going to 20", and personally 20" on a standard cab will look to big, just my input.

S-line cabs with nice 19" rims and 235/35 tyres look really good , I've seen some with 20" and they look like a tonka toy.

Reactions: Jamsmoo
Maybe use a wheel fittment guide such as " will they fit " to help you calculate and decide the way forward.

Reactions: szokatlan
Either way with those tyres and et you won’t get them on they will definitely hit the wishbone ,225 35 et 35 gives you best chance

Reactions: Charlie Farley and szokatlan
thanks for the advice i appreciate your help. I would have lost without you. maybe I’ll put that money aside and look for another rim, with the suggested sizes so they don’t end up in the trash.
I check out the links :)

Reactions: Charlie Farley and Jamsmoo
Think that may be wise ,the tyres needed on 20s will give you a horrible ride ,although your dentist may earn a few ££ putting your fillings back in

i feel like a silly little boy full of money in the candy store now. though I’m just indecisive, too many sizes I don’t know. Forgive me for the silly questions, you are absolutely right.

i feel like a silly little boy full of money in the candy store now. though I’m just indecisive, too many sizes I don’t know. Forgive me for the silly questions, you are absolutely right.

Not silly questions,it would be silly buying without researching

Reactions: Charlie Farley and szokatlan

Allways good to ask if in doubt, you'll always get help here.
Many of us have been in the same situation and learnt the hard way so just ask the question. :icon thumright:

I’m just sorry I didn’t find this place sooner, it could have saved me from a lot of head scratches. But I still have a lot of questions, we will probably still see each other :)

I have these wheels that do fit a b7 they are 235 35 19 with brand new uniroyals rain master 5 tyres on . Still in 2 minds weathe to fit them to mine they are 5x112 et43
1cef0dff357156d262fff6f6ea99f43c.jpg

82efbf386f16a7ce59e6a49b9cdc1a23.jpg

e45115a0cb43c161aee496e5ef26c819.jpg

690ab3fbec9e283a08e3358811583735.jpg

a64b72b3f82c28fc214e8756a1de1b4e.jpg

ddb4dd6009aa4081446b7b7e4d2fd883.jpg

Do you have any experience with it? What type of body? I'm afraid it won't fit under the normal body or fit into the fender. I have a sedan with regular suspension.
What is the width of the rim, 7.5j -8.5?