B8.5 Front Indicator Bulbs With Xenon Headlights

Bristle Hound

Staff member
Reaction score
Are the front indicator bulbs on the B8.5 A4's with xenon headlight fitted, still the orange halogen ***** or a they LED's?

& to replace them is it still a headlight out job like it is on the B8's?

I am getting curious as to which lights I should be changing on my S4 Avant BE when it arrives in July. So far I am only thinking of the rear registration plate lights.
So what else that doesn't involve major dismantling of a brand new car?

Reactions: V6 Quatt
@alxce Number plate lights are already LED, what did you plan to swap them for?

I must have misunderstood something on another post. Glad I asked, I nearly ordered some, so thanks Scotty76!

Reactions: scotty76
My 2015MY RS4 is all LED, indicators 6 off, rear & brake lights and number plate lights. The RS4 doesn't have lower front driving lights but does have turn bulbs fitted at an angle next to the headlights which or helogen.

I can't believe none of the interior lights are LED (interior main, dome 4 off, footwell 4 off, puddle lights 4 off and door markers 4 off) I just need to find a supplier for all those in a single kit and i'll be making a purchase.

Interior lights in my MY15 / 64 plate S4 are mostly traditional incadescent bulbs but the footwell lights are all LED from the factory.

Reactions: t8ups
I have always found it odd how only the rear indicators on the car are led, I've always considered the fronts just as important to catch other drivers' attention considering one is warning oncoming traffic of a manoeuvre as opposed to vehicles behind travelling with you….just my thoughts.
Most Mercs these days are led all-round!

My 2015MY RS4 is all LED, indicators 6 off, rear & brake lights and number plate lights. The RS4 doesn't have lower front driving lights but does have turn bulbs fitted at an angle next to the headlights which or helogen.

I can't believe none of the interior lights are LED (interior main, dome 4 off, footwell 4 off, puddle lights 4 off and door markers 4 off) I just need to find a supplier for all those in a single kit and i'll be making a purchase.

i can supply a full kit for the B8 chassis, just send me a pm for details of the kit.

trups

Are the front indicator bulbs on the B8.5 A4's with xenon headlight fitted, still the orange halogen ***** or a they LED's?

& to replace them is it still a headlight out job like it is on the B8's?
Anyone? :think:

PS ****** hell! Stop going :sign ot: you lot! :angrymod:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

(Ahem!) Still orange halogen sh*** i'm afraid Col';);)

I reckon I'm probably the biggest scaredy cat on this forum for tinkering so not qualified to answer that one im afraid Colin:eek:

Reactions: Keef
Touche Jeff. I remember reading that the first time round and thinking it could have been me. :) We'll call it a draw.

Reactions: jdp1962
Do you have any idea how hard it is watching you order all your lovely extra goodies for the new cars, knowing how much more expensive it would be for me to pay somebody else to install them!!:(

@jdp1962 - I read your link & must admit to having a little chuckle (at your expense of course!) but would of never have even attempted something like that in the first place so…much respect for having a go!!

Do any of you open the bonnet and just simply 'glaze over'…?? Hmmmm - thought not!:3sadwalk:

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Keef
@David J - Naughty ... :asskicking:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cheers Dave :thumbs up:

Are the mutha's easy enough to change then? :think: ****** weren't on my B8 :banghead:

Did you get a final answer on this BH? I'm looking at the same thing and am just not sure if they are halogen or not (based on what you guys said I guess they are).
Also the back reverse lights are LED as standard, right?

Cheers.

Based on appearance - i.e. no hint of amber when not lit - I'd say the indicators on the latest S4s are LED.

Just been out and checked

Front indicators are defo amber halogen bulbs. They're more hidden behind a diffuser on my B8.5 whereas they weren't on my B8

Rear indicators are LED's

Just been out and checked

Front indicators are defo amber halogen bulbs. They're more hidden behind a diffuser on my B8.5 whereas they weren't on my B8

Rear indicators are LED's
I correct my previous post. Much closer inspection of fronts confirms BH is right; they are amber incandescant bulbs (although I suspect not halogen).

It's annoying to check in the day and I keep forgetting to check at night. Thanks for confirming guys.

Reactions: scotty76
So I decided to double check on mine and they are indeed not LED (Front). BH, did you get them changed in the end to LED and if so by who?