B8.5 Front Parking Sensor Mounting

Dinotqs

Reaction score
Been offered a new front bumper but doesn’t have holes for sensors whereas my original does. Is it just a case of drilling the holes because the mounts are already there or removable from my original bumper like the grille mounts are?
Thanks

Holes are marked but no brackets & brackets are either bonded on via heated plastic or with double sided foam tape.

As there does not seem to be any Audi ones available, I used VW Passat ones and bonded them using a structural version of Araldite. they came from the listing for a roughly 2010 Passat as they seem to have roughly the same bumper shape at these points.

Edit:- remember when making the holes, you should not really be drilling them, a lot better finish can be achieved by cutting them with a circular punch and punching in from the outside so that the edges get rolled in and so carry in with them the painted skin. The kit I bought also came with a set of mandrels and clamps to make sure that the holders ended up in the correct place wrt to the holes.

Last edited: