B8.5 gearbox problems?

I've just seen the car has had a tronic oil and filter done at 16k so if it needs done at 38k I'm only 17k over the service but yes car feels fine and smoth

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Hi All,
I'm new to the site and will be buying an A4 S-line 2.0 diesel 2012/13 soon, just torn between manual (which I'm used to) or going for auto. Is there problems with this age of auto box or am I safer with manual.
Thanks in advance.

Hi All,
I'm new to the site and will be buying an A4 S-line 2.0 diesel 2012/13 soon, just torn between manual (which I'm used to) or going for auto. Is there problems with this age of auto box or am I safer with manual.
Thanks in advance.

I went for the manual - safe bet, plus I like driving a car. Not to upset the 'auto' guys on here. Just my preference.

Reactions: Alaistair
so relieved to have a tip box like, seem to have put allot of money into the development and longevity using carbon plates instead of cheaper paper, for me the stronic has put me off most of the performance audis, however its nice to see them being re introduced however at a higher premium over the dsg

Reactions: Alaistair
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but are 2011 B8 S4 Stronics still just as likely to have issues like 2009/2010 models.?

I'm debating whether I should completely avoid any car thats not a 11 plate. I may be able to budget in a higher mileage 12 plate, but would prefer a lower mileage 11 plate.

Cheers