Help Please B8.5 No AMI interface

Ivan09

Reaction score
Hi all, I am new to this forum so I first want to say hello everybody, I've been reading it for a while and you helped me already with some stuff.
I have a question for what I can't seem to find an answer...

I can't find my AMI interface, I have B8.5 from 2015 with 3G plus MMI but in the gloves compartment there is nothing :/ I googled hundreds of pictures and didn't find anything. I only have AUX in central armrest.

I already asked around and the guys told me that I only need cable with the interface (not cheap). Is there any possibility that it is hidden somewhere else or behind some panel?

Thank you.

Picture of central panel https://postimg.cc/HVkT5n7T

Have you tried connecting via bt for music streaming.

Yes that works, but i wanted AMI for connecting Video input stuff.

Waze/google maps primary, maybe OBD stuff later on for playing and exploring stuff.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

In my experience Audis of that age either have AMI or AUX and not both, however agree it’s strange to have an MMI with no AMI, not seen that one before.

I’m also not sure an AMI would do what you want regarding video, it sounds like you need an aftermarket phone link kit (Apple CarPlay or Android Auto) to do what you want.

Reactions: Ivan09
Yes it is really weird.. :/ The car is really stacked with additional equipment (seat heating, sline steering wheel, chrome packet, light packet, two zone AC, lumbal support seats, ACC, Lane assist, mirror heating, 3G plus mmi with SIM/SDcards...) so this was really disappointing.

For getting video there are several examples on internet where people managed to get it work
one of them https://www.audizine.com/forum/show...nal-video-input-to-the-original-Mmi-or-screen

Yes it is really weird.. :/ The car is really stacked with additional equipment (seat heating, sline steering wheel, chrome packet, light packet, two zone AC, lumbal support seats, ACC, Lane assist, mirror heating, 3G plus mmi with SIM/SDcards...) so this was really disappointing.

For getting video there are several examples on internet where people managed to get it work
one of them https://www.audizine.com/forum/show...nal-video-input-to-the-original-Mmi-or-screen

Ah fair enough I’ve not seen the AMI video input.

for the time/cost/result I’d still opt towards a phone interface kit where you can interact without using the phone itself (can be had for around £200 from china) but this is an option I suppose if you just want HDMI phone output

3G+ have bluetooth by default...
Might need to be activated via the green menu though...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Bluetooth is working great, I already have phone calling and messages functionality (even on steering wheel)

Bluetooth is working great, I already have phone calling and messages functionality (even on steering wheel)
Sorry!!!
Didn't pay attention and didn't realise that you wanted to feed videos...
Other than reading these from the SD card I'm not sure you can without fitting a proper interface (AA or ACP).

If money's not object then there also RSNav
111d5cab00ca9df68bdf1c0c64d2f199.jpg

I don't know what are AA or ACP ?

As I researched it looks like I need this cable:
https://www.carsystems.eu/audi-mmi-3g-ami-ipod-iphone-adapter-retrofit,id2538.html

RSNav is great but I don't see fun in putting all that money in something like this. Then I should buy newer version of the car
Even tho this AMI cable is not cheap either...thats why I was hoping that the cable is somewhere hidden inside.

I don't know what are AA or ACP ?

As I researched it looks like I need this cable:
https://www.carsystems.eu/audi-mmi-3g-ami-ipod-iphone-adapter-retrofit,id2538.html

RSNav is great but I don't see fun in putting all that money in something like this. Then I should buy newer version of the car
Even tho this AMI cable is not cheap either...thats why I was hoping that the cable is somewhere hidden inside.

You'll also need this: amazon.com/CHELINK-Audio-Video-Input-Cable/dp/B078MPG8PJ

Sorry cant open your link

I know, for some reason I cannot paste links to Amazon... I updated the link in my previous post but you'll have to copy paste it in your browser...

Reactions: Ivan09
Hi guys, I managed to get this working. Bought the Ami interface cable from China for 50euro, hdmi to rca converter and hdmi to usb c cable.
Had to remove already connected green jack used for Aux and connect the new one with the Ami interface.
Next I had to disable aux and enable AMI in green menu.

IMG-20200219-192826.jpg

0rTVVzT

Dear Ivan,

Thank you for your post. I wish to do the same as you on my 2017 S3. I think for some reason they stopped putting AMI ports on the facelifts.

I have a couple of questions if you may please advise me.

1. Do you have a link for the AMI retrofit cable you ordered from China?
2. Did you also order the AMI to RCA adapter from China or get a genuine one?
3. Is it correct that you were able to enable the AMI just in the green menu? Did you need to connect an OBD reader or do any kind of coding?

Many thanks.

Hi guys, I managed to get this working. Bought the Ami interface cable from China for 50euro, hdmi to rca converter and hdmi to usb c cable.
Had to remove already connected green jack used for Aux and connect the new one with the Ami interface.
Next I had to disable aux and enable AMI in green menu.

IMG-20200219-192826.jpg

0rTVVzT

Dear Ivan,

Thank you for your post. I wish to do the same as you on my 2017 S3. I think for some reason they stopped putting AMI ports on the facelifts.

I have a couple of questions if you may please advise me.

1. Do you have a link for the AMI retrofit cable you ordered from China?
2. Did you also order the AMI to RCA adapter from China or get a genuine one?
3. Is it correct that you were able to enable the AMI just in the green menu? Did you need to connect an OBD reader or do any kind of coding?

Many thanks.
1. No link, this was long time ago. And im not sure which version you will need
2.yes ami to rca cable also from ali
3. Green menu is unlocked by combination of ports but firstly you need to code to have it enabled, you can use carista. Ofcourse you need odb reader writer, cable or bluetooth adapter. Lastly you need to do some settings in green menu for ami.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk