B8.5 S Line TDI Values

A4 SJC

Reaction score
I've been toying with the idea of changing the A4 for something else recently

Have been looking around at values - 2014/14 car, 40k miles - and some of the offers would turn your hair grey!

I've been offered as little as £11k and the most being just short of £13k. Have tried all the usual outlets, WBAC, Evans Halshaw, Tootle, and there seems a genuine reluctance around these cars.

Audi are retailing these at around the £16k mark with non-Audi dealers about £1k cheaper. I'm not expecting retail money for mine, but do dealers really have £3-4k across a car these days?!

Yeah. Traded my for 17.5k, was up for 20.5k. No idea what it ended up selling it for but they had it 4 months. Don't forget they have to pay VAT on the difference (so that's £666 of the £4k) and they have to account for the depressed diesel market (see: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ars-have-lost-quarter-value-since-start-2017/) and the fact they'll have to devalue the car every 4-6 weeks if it isn't bought, and then probably haggle a bit... And pay costs of running the dealership (rent/rates/electricity etc) as well as wages.

I'm well aware of the VAT and overheads implications.

I guess I just felt like having a rant!

Me too... Ms arad85 is just closing her (very small) business as she's fed up of working for nothing to pay everyone else their slice of her business... and people still complain that she's 10p more expensive than the internet! Just when you lay it out, a small profit on a second hand car isn't going to keep Audi in business. Having said that, I know of one or two second hand car dealers that do OK...

Reactions: ruairi83
Bought mine for 9k last year, 2l TFSI and its now 7k, if get 5k for a trade in

I got £14550 for my 13 plate 40k S line avant auto 11 months ago. Value straight of the website.
Really pleased with the deal, cost me £7k to get a 2 1/2 years newer car.

I got £14550 for my 13 plate 40k S line avant auto 11 months ago. Value straight of the website.
Really pleased with the deal, cost me £7k to get a 2 1/2 years newer car.

I'd be delighted to get £14k for mine!

I'd be delighted to get £14k for mine!

What value does yours come back at? Its so similar to mine was a year ago, yours is a year newer so effectively the same age and miles as mine was last year. Should be a similar value??

If only. Best I was offered was £12,700 by Evans Halshaw (they hadn't seen it)

The emissions 'scandal' has kicked values in the nuts

I put in the details of GM14VKX 14 sline avant off ebay into the Audi website. With 40000 miles the values came back as £13,200*Excellent condition, £12,450*Good condition, £11,750*Average condition. Like I say, the dealers were happy to give me the Excellent condition valuation for my car when I chopped it in against a 1 year old A4. No haggling at all. So thats £500 more than Evans Halshaw.
Interesting that the value for exact same car as mine is £1350 less than I got last year for comparable age and miles. It may be the effect of availability of 2 year old B9 models on the market which are depressing 3 year old B8 prices?

Mine was around £12400 from memory

Think everything is depressing prices!