b8.5 s4 vs mk7 golf r vs s3 8v

• s3 8v

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • mk7 r

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • b8.5 s4

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
haha there's a spanner thrown into the mix!
Can't see the point of the S5 sportback (no offence intended) but the S5 coupe is a beautiful thing then ruined with some extra door's thrown in! Either go S5 2 door or have a S4 4 door... you also get an extra seat belt :grin:

Reactions: V6_Man
I own a 2015 S4 with the CREC engine, it's also just had an APR stage 1 map.

I've not had any experience of either the Golf or S3, but I like you went for the looks of the facelift B8.5, the engine came second, however now I have one I've come to love the engine and even more so since it's been tweaked.
Quick, quiet, comfortable, seats 5 and a big boot, also despite being mapped and so long as I keep around the speed limit or up to 10 above I still get a real time (calculated) 37/38 mpg, however give it the beans and it soon drops into single figures, average is around the 28/30 mpg mark.
Would I change it?
Not in the near future for sure but more than likely in for the long run I enjoy it that much, oh and I'm in my late 50's.

Reactions: Aspikemill, V6_Man and jdp1962
I know this question has been asked many times but now the b8.5 s4's, golf 7r's and s3 8v's have aged a little more and I'm hoping someone can help me decide.

I just can't decide. They are all pretty much in the same price range.
I love the looks of the b8.5 s4
Love the drive of the golf 7r
and S3 is a bit of both but not enough of either.

I think the s4 suits my age more than the other two. But the fear that the transmission failing and that it can cost as much is the car is nuts. Also having trouble understanding is it better to go for 2013 or 2014 with the crec engine.
what are the common issues of the b8.5? I know the b8 had many but I'm not too sure on the b8.5 as most places say its bulletproof.
I do want something quick off the lights and that feels light on its feet. All whilst having fun and sticking to the speed limits of course :)

I rather the golf and s3 but not sure it suits my age. Since it will probably be cheaper to run overall. But the looks of the s4 are something else.

I don't know I cant decide if my life depended on it. Someone help!

No matter which one I go for I will be looking to have it remapped.
I had same decision to make. I went for the S4 in the end B8.5. All I can say is WHAT A CAR. Even stock it’s brilliant. Looks cool without being over stated and does everything you want it to do in the twisty bits. I can’t wait to see what it does after a tune and intake. Go for it Matey.

Reactions: jdp1962
I personally don't care what people think of what I drive, it's my choice & whatever they label it is there issue..

I've not had any experience of either the Golf or S3, but I like you went for the looks of the facelift B8.5, the engine came second, however now I have one I've come to love the engine and even more so since it's been tweaked.
mobdro