B8.5 soundaktor

Scottishpedro

Reaction score
hi all

I have a 2014 B8.5 s4. I feel the car is pretty quiet when in normal auto drive, it also seem similar when in manual mode, but when auto sport is selected it sounds fantastic.

Today I planned to do the exhuast flap mod by pulling out and sealing the vacuum pipe, but I couldn’t find it. After a bit more research it seems that my car may not have the valve and has the soundaktor pumping fake noise into the cabin through the speakers.

I may upset the purists here but I actually like the extra noise, is there anyway of enabling this when in auto drive or manual modes I.e have it on all the time?

Thanks in advance

Pedro

If you enable drive select with carista then you can adjust it from there.

If you enable drive select with carista then you can adjust it from there.

Thanks for the message

Do you know wha it lets you adjust re the sound? Is it a case of the changing the volume etc or will it allow you to it to be on in normal drive mode etc?

Out of interest are there other useful features that can be played about with? Any ideas if you can turn on front parking sensors all the time rather than having to manually turn on when nosing into a space?

Thanks

Pedro

Sure you can set it to be on all the time via drive select although I've actually pulled the soundaktor fuse so it wouldn't make any difference to me anyway.

Get a cheap obd dongle and carista. The app will let you see all the changes you can make but will charge you if you want to actually make any.

There's loads you can do.

Don't recall any option for turning on front parking sensors although I'd imagine it'd get quite annoying having them go off every time you stop behind someone at traffic lights

Reactions: Scottishpedro