B8 A4 AVANT REAR WASHER

Keggers

Reaction score
Hi, this weekend I noticed my rear washer wiper playing up. It's not spraying well which is likely dirt trapped in the water system near the wiper blade.. I say this because I now have lots of water leaking out of the estate boot door carcase.. I've also noticed that when operated the wiper ends up finishing in random positions all of a sudden.

My first question is what's involved in removing the rear estate door card without causing damage to investigate?

Last question... With the wiper stopping in random positions is this a problem with the motor in tbe wiper head or maybe from the steering wheel cluster?

Thank you

The rear wipers on these suffer from failing internally the water is going through the sealed section causing the electrics to fail. I replaced mine last year, same as yours although mime wouldn't turn off.
Ok so from memory there's a few torque screws Hidden in the door card and then it's a good old fashioned pull and tug to pop it off, one forum says don't be afraid to pull hard. The rest was quite straightforward.
Personally I would remove the trim unplug the motor until replacement arrives that way you eye up what tools you need to prepare yourself.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thankyou , I was hoping it was just thst part and not issues with the cluster too.. Had similar issues with my a6. Do you remember how much a motor was ?

Sadly I skimpt and got a cheap one off Amazon for about £40 OEM is about £90

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Had the same on mine.

Removed the tailgate panel (4 screws) and unclipped the rear light in that panel. When operating the rear wash wipe it was leaking around the tube, silicone gun out and not leaked since :)

Common across all Audis this and has been for years, center spindle of the wiper is hollow and your washer water travels through the middle of it, trouble is it's just made of mild steel so in time it corrodes and the seals let go so then everytime you squirt your windows you pump washer water into the motor , the gears get all gumed up , the electronics get wet as does the electric motor, I've just fixed one on my wifes A3, the brushes in the motor had got all corroded , if you know what your doing you can strip it all down and give it a good clean, strip the electric motor down and as long as the electrics arnt fried get it going again which is what I did, I then re routed the water pipe to the top of the tail gate and inside the rear spoiler so water sprays down from the top of the screen rather than out of the middle of the motor, hopefully never have the problem again, stupid design by Audi or they should make stainless shafts for the motor

Reactions: Greengrass
Did you ever sort this?

Mine stopped working so pulled the cover off of the wiper blade arm and then with pliers removed the insert with the 2 jets in it to clean it. Also took off the internal boot trim and removed the hose clip and hose and held the hose in a bowl. Switched it on and loads of muck came out. Also noticed that the shaft through the middle was on the move a bit so I put a load of Sikoflex all around the area highlighted in red here:

414157790.jpg

Once the Sikoflex had dried I put it all back together and works perfectly again.