B8 Avant door speaker upgrade (non-B&O)

***DK***

Reaction score
Anyone upgraded their door speakers in a b8 Avant non-b&o?
Wondering if anyone can point to some links to the right sized speakers and the adapters I think you need? Am I right to think they are 20cm?

Thanks

Sent from my LE2125 using Tapatalk

Just retrofit the original ones, it's actually plug & play...

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Do you mean upgrade to the b&o system?

Originals appear to be 20cm.

I had mine replaced with 16.5CM Hertz components an umber of years ago. It's was done by a shop so i don't know what adaptors where used, though i'll take a pic when i next have the door card off, if that's any use. Might even be today as I have to refit a bit of door trim.

FYI, this is for a saloon, but i expect the there's no difference w/the avant.

Thanks only if it's no trouble. I can see from various videos the kinds of adapters people have been trying/making from MDF etc and even cutting out the original speaker and reusing the outer casing. Struggling to find someone online selling something pre-made.

Thanks only if it's no trouble. I can see from various videos the kinds of adapters people have been trying/making from MDF etc and even cutting out the original speaker and reusing the outer casing. Struggling to find someone online selling something pre-made.

From memory, i think the fitter may have mounted a wooden rim on the existing Audi speaker housing - give me a couple of hours and i'll upload somoe pics.

What's the main issue you're facing - that you can't find 20cm speakers to replace like for like?

Thanks
I just wasn't exactly sure of the diameters to use and whether front doors are different sizes to back doors..
Then just for ease I was hoping to just buy the adapters to avoid having to make something. Imagine there are lots of speakers to choose from so I'll just get online and review.

Here are a couple of images. I've taken a few more of similar angles if you want them.

Looks as though the original plastic housing has been cut back and this wooden ring has been mounted on top. The wooden mount allows for the 16.5cm speaker to be fitted.

Hope that helps.

20220423 184902
20220423 183551
20220423 183540

Last edited:
Great thank you very much for taking these photos! Those Hertz look great and I expect the sound difference from stock is night and day! Hopefully I'll get around to doing this upgrade soon. I'll take plenty of photos if I do and do a bit of a write up.
Thanks