B8 / B8.5 A4 / S4 Little Surprises

My avant does not have curry hooks, Chinese hooks or beer hooks...??
I've not yet been in a position where I've needed to fetch a takeaway or to make a specific trip to the off licence so that's a relief!?

Reactions: Keef
That's because the avant doesn't have a rear deck to bolt them to.
The trade off is you can't fit a fridge in a saloon :)

Reactions: Garry Houseman, Brennan and Keef
That's because the avant doesn't have a rear deck to bolt them to.
The trade off is you can't fit a fridge in a saloon :)
Does the fridge have beer in it? If so I knew I should have bought the Avant. :D

Reactions: Keef and StuBill
:kissmyrings:I use the 'curry hooks' for my hard hat and vis vest :p

Here's one for you guys what are the little hooks for on the centre pillars behind the front seats high up?
Dog guard I'm assuming? Or do Audi think we all wear about 4 coats

Here's one for you guys what are the little hooks for on the centre pillars behind the front seats high up?
I've always assumed they were coat hooks.

They are coat hooks, the intergrated dog gaurd atchaes to the rear set of holes in the cieling. also with all seats down the dog gaurd doubles up as a rear catch net to protect stuff falling forward, there are an extra two catches in the cieling for it between driver nd rear passenger.

Volume mute when selecting reverse gear

The temperature synch thing isn't a B8 thing. I can do that on my B7.
Used to do the climate sync thing on my B6 too :thumbs up:

Come on peoples, the B8 has been out since 2008 as this is all the 'little surprises' we've found? :think:

Standard equipment was way up on my B8 S-line from my B7 S-line too

Come on peoples, the B8 has been out since 2008 as this is all the 'little surprises' we've found? :think:

Agreed lol

I do however like the dials that pop up on the MMI screen when an adjustment is made to temprature of fan speed so you don't have to look down, thats a nice touch.

Hey there BH. For a minute there I thought that your car came in early
and you went on a long ride with it! :s4addict:
( I like the Wuff ! Under your avatar ) ;)

Reactions: Bristle Hound and jdp1962
You can spin the spare wheel cover in the avant to reveal a plastic recessed tray.

Reactions: Boydie
Me too; the resemblance to my mutt, Ike, is scary.
@jdp1962 - Better he / she hasn't got as nice teeth as me Jeff! :laugh::laugh::laugh:
doggy-smile-o.gif

Reactions: jdp1962
The avant does have hooks in the boot but there no where near as good as the saloon beer hooks.
You just push the chrome anchor points downwards ( there either side of the boot about level with rear light height ) and you can just get a bag over the top of them.
Dont trust them with beer though haha.

Seems to be across the Audi range @scotty76 that one :(

In 5 1/2 years of ownership of my old B8 A4 I never ONCE avhieved the quoted mpg figures :banghead:
In fairness, I don't think that's a unique Audi trait. All manufacturers' official economy figures are artificial and largely unattainable. Their only value is comparison with each other.

my xenon auto level / calibrate when i start the car. its more obvious at night of course against my neighbours van.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
my xenon auto level / calibrate when i start the car. its more obvious at night of course against my neighbours van.

This happens on all Xenon cars, its part of the EU leaglity ledgislation regarding Xenon headlights. My 2003 Saab did as did every cr since then, self levelling is a legal requiremnt and the calibration is part of that. Also per tof theis legislation is the headlight washer, a must have for factory fitted Xenons and if the washer are fitted they must owrk for an MOT pass.

Music Album images or 'cover flow' on the stereo is a nice touch.

Ooooohhh. How do you get the cover flow? I've managed to get the image to overlay when playing, but I found it hindered (see the other tracks) rather than benefit. Compared to my previous MB, I have found the MP3 a little dated.

@Harey You can see them when selecting artist - You have to have the files uploaded to the jukebox to view them in this way when selecting, I don't think it works when your source is an sd card.

Reactions: Keef
Well I've always wondered about covert flow - just copied a load of tunes of sd card to jukebox and boom, browse album = cover flow! Some aren't working so I assume I have to 'embed album artwork' in iTunes.

Every day's a school day!
Whilst tinkering I've only just discovered my reversing camera has a 'parallel park' mode doh!

Reactions: ERBY and scotty76
6 weeks in and I have just found the little netting storage compartment in the top of my glovebox.
Presumably it is for holding and your music player/phone/hard drive when plugged into the AMI....well, it is now :applaus:

Reactions: xpoweruk, scotty76 and razza1
Like the fact you can alter the remote for lock/unlock presses
If I remember right, factory default is one press drivers door unlock, two presses all doors & boot unlock
I had mine set to one press unlock the lot, which I'll have for the S4 too :thumbs up:

Remote boot opening from the fob is handy too. One long press on the middle button & voila the boot pops open

On my old B8 A4 I found it frustrating that you couldn't set the volume on the radio/cd on start up :(

Wonder whether this has changed the B8.5's :think:

Like the fact you can alter the remote for lock/unlock presses
If I remember right, factory default is one press drivers door unlock, two presses all doors & boot unlock
I had mine set to one press unlock the lot, which I'll have for the S4 too :thumbs up:

I did the same on my B7 (or, more accurately, @NHN did it for me).

I have enabled n/s mirror tilt whiltst in reverse but I aint got electric seats

You need to have the switch in the passenger mirror position, then it should happen when you select reverse.

Is this only if powerfold mirrors are fitted?or a B8.5 thing?