B8 / B8.5 A4 / S4 Little Surprises

1st who is Brian Harvey?
2nd moving a car 10 ft in my drive without a seat belt seems reasonable to me
3rd gods gift to mankind

LOL, Brian Harvey was a member of E17 in the 90's who ran himself over with his own car when he fell out out while trying to reverse it with the door open.

You can disable the the need for putting the seat belt on to disengage the handbrake, Carista app allows this i think, VCDS certainly does. Sadly with live in a nanny state and we are not clever enough to look after ourselves, I refer you to the Brian Harvey indecent.

Joking aside, we should be able to make our own choices and the majority of us can look after ourselves, you would think anyway.

Ladies and Gents, sorry to revive an old thread but I recently purchased my 2013 A4 S Line Black Edition on Thursday. I have only just found out that i have the B8.5 :laughing: and have found some awesome things to enable tomorrow, so thank you all. If anyone has found some more let me know. :grin:

Reactions: xpoweruk, ruairi83 and jdp1962
Ladies and Gents, sorry to revive an old thread but I recently purchased my 2013 A4 S Line Black Edition on Thursday. I have only just found out that i have the B8.5 :laughing: and have found some awesome things to enable tomorrow, so thank you all. If anyone has found some more let me know. :grin:
Welcome @CraigHeaton1989, glad to have you on board.

Reactions: CraigHeaton1989
Welcome Craig you'll definitely enjoy it.

Sent from my Note 4 using tapatalk

Reactions: CraigHeaton1989
@CraigHeaton1989 - Hi & :welcome!: to ASN Craig!

Any little surprises on your A4 for you yet?

After 28 months of ownership I've only just noticed the rear passenger foot well lighting. It was a nice little surprise!

Reactions: Bristle Hound
I enabled this today and works and I don't have memory seats etc in my 2013 black edition a4.

How to

Go to module 52 door elect
Coding 7
Long coding helper
Byte 4
Tick bite 2 - reverse gear mirror dipping active
Exit
Do it
Click no for try the values currently in the module.
Close controller

Turn car off and on.
Put mirror switch to passenger and put car in reverse
Are these the instructions for dipping mirror on reverse or memory seats? I've got the mirror dipping already (enabled via Carista) but now I have access to VCDS.

I've seen these instructions elsewhere for the memory seats however I don't have option 36 come up in VCDS (I am a complete noob though, maybe I need to go to it manually?):

Enable Drivers Memory Seat

36: Seat Mem - 07 Coding - Long Coding Helper - change Byte 2, bit 0, to 1

Seat memory will be there however greyed out in MMI

Press and hold down unlock button on key fob for 5 seconds for the windows to come down

Press and hold down lock button on key fob for 5 seconds for the windows to go back up

In MMI, Seat Adjustment you are now able to find Driver's seat, you can set Key memory on/off. Set it "on" for both keys separately.

Are these the instructions for dipping mirror on reverse or memory seats? I've got the mirror dipping already (enabled via Carista) but now I have access to VCDS.

I've seen these instructions elsewhere for the memory seats however I don't have option 36 come up in VCDS (I am a complete noob though, maybe I need to go to it manually?):

Enable Drivers Memory Seat

36: Seat Mem - 07 Coding - Long Coding Helper - change Byte 2, bit 0, to 1

Seat memory will be there however greyed out in MMI

Press and hold down unlock button on key fob for 5 seconds for the windows to come down

Press and hold down lock button on key fob for 5 seconds for the windows to go back up

In MMI, Seat Adjustment you are now able to find Driver's seat, you can set Key memory on/off. Set it "on" for both keys separately.
Dipping mirrors mate. But when you go into the instructions above also tick the box for
Memory seats. That will be it done.

Has anyone actually got this to work? I got super sports seats, tried enabling seat memory in green menu and adding it to menu but it was greyed out, also tried the coding for VCDS but couldn't actually get it to work.
Would really be handy to get it to work as it'll be annoying adjusting the seats every time the missus takes the car