B8 /B8.5 Avant Rear Bumper Differences?

GaryDe

Reaction score
Hi all,

Hopefully someone will be able to help with a simple query.

I recently purchased a set of b8.5 rear lights to fit to my b8 s-line avant and thought it would be good to replace the lower rear valance to the b8.5 s-line one at the same time.

My question is are the b8 and b8.5 avant rear bumpers the same? If not, does anyone know if the newer rear valance will fit the older bumper?

Thanks for any help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Hopefully someone will be able to help with a simple query.

I recently purchased a set of b8.5 rear lights to fit to my b8 s-line avant and thought it would be good to replace the lower rear valance to the b8.5 s-line one at the same time.

My question is are the b8 and b8.5 avant rear bumpers the same? If not, does anyone know if the newer rear valance will fit the older bumper?

Thanks for any help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B8 and B8.5 bumpers are different (so the valance is different accordingly). Similarly between SE and S-Line variants of both.

Believe B8.5 bumper+valance will fit a B8, though, if that's what you're trying to achieve.

Out of interest, what specific style of valance is it you're after?

Thanks Nick, I was hoping to fit the upper one shown in the pic below as I currently have the lower one fitted as standard and thought it would be a good addition whilst getting my rear bumper painted and new lights fitted.

413165169.jpg

Thanks Nick, I was hoping to fit the upper one shown in the pic below as I currently have the lower one fitted as standard and thought it would be a good addition whilst getting my rear bumper painted and new lights fitted.

413165169.jpg
No problem.
You can just about see from those pictures that the B8 valance is more rounded in the top outer corners than that of the B8.5