B8 / B8.5 S4 Insurance Costs

Well that went well. Despite general upwards trends, BREXIT fears and the increase in Insurance Premium Tax, my renewal is exactly the same price as last year, £369.

See posts 25 and 27 above for details of cover and insurer.

Reactions: scotty76
Hi Guys, it's that time of year again and I'm struggling to get a good deal on insurance on the S4... Who seems to be the cheapest at the moment?

NCB: 16 (Protected)
Mileage: 6000
Claims: 1 non fault
Convictions: TS10, 3 points

Aviva, my current, want £492 with £650 excess (lowest they'll go).

Just had my insurance reminder from Saga for my S4

Its gone up from £235.23 for 2016-17 to £325.98 for 2017-18 WTF !!!
Terms - 6000 miles/year, protected NCD, £100 excess, garaged. The wife & I to drive

I've done the whole compare the market, confused.com thing & Saga are still coming in around £15 cheaper than anyone else
I suppose one beenfit of using Saga is my total excess is only £100

That and the VED going up to £240

Not a happy Hound at the mo :(

Just had my insurance reminder from Saga for my S4

Its gone up from £235.23 for 2016-17 to £325.98 for 2017-18 WTF !!!
Terms - 6000 miles/year, protected NCD, £100 excess, garaged. The wife & I to drive

I've done the whole compare the market, confused.com thing & Saga are still coming in around £15 cheaper than anyone else
I suppose one beenfit of using Saga is my total excess is only £100

That and the VED going up to £240

Not a happy Hound at the mo :(

Such a pain isn't it BH. Seems like annual increases of £100 for insurance and £5 for VED are the norm now....

Is it important to have Mrs BH on the policy? I took Miss Eskimo off mine at renewal and managed to get it to be at least the same price as the previous year (£349).

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Just received my renewal letter from Aviva. £579, fully comprehensive with £850 excess, 13 year NCB, no points or convictions (in the last 5 years at least!), 9k miles per annum on a 2010 B8 S4. Have tried to search for a better deal and the closest I can find is £633 with Quoteme(un)happy.com!

£100 increase seems the norm.
The quote I got for my B9 back in January is approx £100 less than the May price, when I switched.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and scotty76
Also with Saga!!
2015 S4 Avant, no mods.
£550 p.a. with £400 excess but includes full years EU cover+ EU breakdown cover (£130), renewed in Feb '17.
Nobody else came close, usually they restrict EU cover to 30, 60 (or one or two) at 90 days!
Me and my good lady driving, 10,000 miles and 20+ years NCB. Both, ahem.......60+ years old.
:s4addict:

Reactions: Keef and Bristle Hound
Just realised; I can try Saga this year. (55 today) :)

Reactions: Keef, Bristle Hound and scotty76
Just realised; I can try Saga this year. (55 today) :)
@jdp1962 - First off
iu

Have a good un' mate !

PS Your 17 days younger than me :(
lol

Second off
You can use Saga from your 50th birthday

Reactions: jdp1962 and Keef
Such a pain isn't it BH. Seems like annual increases of £100 for insurance and £5 for VED are the norm now....
@DrEskimo - Unfortunately it looks like it :(
Is it important to have Mrs BH on the policy? I took Miss Eskimo off mine at renewal and managed to get it to be at least the same price as the previous year (£349).
My life wouldn't be worth living if I took her off my insurance lol
@Bristle Hound did a quick quote. Last year £286 this year £381. Better get saving for September.
@scotty76 -
unlike1.jpg

Mine went up by around £100 this year as well. Daylight robbery.
@Lavis89 - See reply above ^

No saga for me, I'm 27 :yahoo:

Mine partially went up because I had quite a list of mods to add, thankfully Greenlight didn't really care about the mods so beat every other company by quite a bit for me,
£500(ish, can't remember exact figure)
27, 8 years ncb, 5000 miles social & commuting. £150 excess. All mods declared. Would have been considerably cheaper but it's parked on the road unfortunately.

After a bit of research I found my car insurance renewal with Saga was not only the cheapest but had by far & away the least excess on the policy, so I bit the bullet & paid this morning
So for £325.98 I get full comp insurance with protected NCD for the wife & I to drive, garaged, 7000 miles / year with a £100 excess

I have a feeling this will be the last time I'll be insuring the S4 as a change of car may be coming in the next 12 months ... :D

Reactions: scotty76 and DrEskimo
After a bit of research I found my car insurance renewal with Saga was not only the cheapest but had by far & away the least excess on the policy, so I bit the bullet & paid this morning
So for £325.98 I get full comp insurance with protected NCD for the wife & I to drive, garaged, 7000 miles / year with a £100 excess

I have a feeling this will be the last time I'll be insuring the S4 as a change of car may be coming in the next 12 months ... :D

Ooooo what's on your radar??

Ooooo what's on your radar??
@DrEskimo - A few that are piquing my interest -

S3 saloon
Mk3 TTS
Golf GTI / R 3 door
Fully loaded F56 MINI JCW 3 door
BMW M240i

I don't really need the size of a S4 anymore so I'm going to downsize
Looking at that list ^ they are probably in order of what I want, at the moment. But things change ... :D

Reactions: scotty76 and DrEskimo
@DrEskimo - A few that are piquing my interest -

S3 saloon
Mk3 TTS
Golf GTI / R 3 door
Fully loaded F56 MINI JCW 3 door
BMW M240i

I don't really need the size of a S4 anymore so I'm going to downsize
Looking at that list ^ they are probably in order of what I want, at the moment. But things change ... :D

Great choices. Apart from the Mini, I would be very happy with any of those