B8 B8 RS4 Must have options

Oli.

Reaction score
A very good friend of mine is after one, what are the must have options?

My only experience was my old B7 RS4.

Also if anyone is selling let me know

Cheers in advance

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
A very good friend of mine is after one, what are the must have options?

My only experience was my old B7 RS4.

Also if anyone is selling let me know

Cheers in advance

It's gonna be down to personal preference this.

I'd say for all round experience and bang for buck:

1) Sports Pack inc. DRC, Sport exhaust and dynamic steering. 20" wheels. The steering is a bit heavy but the pack is worth it.

2) Panoramic sunroof. It really adds a lot of light and extra noise from exhaust. Freshens up car loads.

3) Carbon fibre inlays

I was fortunate to find one with loads of stuff. But these are the bare bones IMHO. The tech pack high is good too. Privacy glass but can be tinted. Could go on for ages haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and Oli.
Thanks. The more spec the better - My RS3 is £15k+ of options!

But good to know what are the Just haves

Thanks. The more spec the better - My RS3 is £15k+ of options!

But good to know what are the Just haves

Oh! Hill Hold Assist! I was a non believer until I experienced it in this. Man that thing is handy. Use it every day at junctions and lights. Allows way faster get away haha. And rests the foot and stops the poor ****** behind you being blinded by brake lights.

Reactions: Robbe and NevMan
Oh! Hill Hold Assist! I was a non believer until I experienced it in this. Man that thing is handy. Use it every day at junctions and lights. Allows way faster get away haha. And rests the foot and stops the poor ****** behind you being blinded by brake lights.

I've had three cars with auto hold assist. Love it. However, with all of them the brake lights remained on when it was active. Is this different with your RS4?

I've had three cars with auto hold assist. Love it. However, with all of them the brake lights remained on when it was active. Is this different with your RS4?

Yeah. Appears to be. Obviously apply brake at stop then take foot off brake. The brake lights go off.

Yeah. Appears to be. Obviously apply brake at stop then take foot off brake. The brake lights go off.

That's the way it should happen in my eyes. But my TT and the cars before (Golf R etc) that had it all leave their brake lights on.

That's the way it should happen in my eyes. But my TT and the cars before (Golf R etc) that had it all leave their brake lights on.

I've been thinking this recently. I'm surprised my brake lights arnt on. If a car is approaching and you're static, it would make sense to ha e your brake lights on I guess. Let me double check and I'll get back to ya.

Reactions: D0C

Yo.

Yup, brake lights do not remain on when using HHA on mine.

Reactions: NevMan
Yo.

Yup, brake lights do not remain on when using HHA on mine.

I'd much prefer that. Always conscious of the fact the cars behind are getting blinded. But mine definitely stay on!

I'd much prefer that. Always conscious of the fact the cars behind are getting blinded. But mine definitely stay on!

Not sure that could even be sorted with coding. Probably a safety thing.

Thanks everyone, we found a very nice fully specified 15 plate for him, now onto mods, see other thread....

Which one did you get?

No me, a very good friend . 15 plate Prism silver 49k, black pack and loads of options, it really is a very well looked after car, and a good price too. I couldn’t fault it on inspection today.