B8 s4 lowered 40mm on springs

Chop.

Does anyone have an s4 avant lowered on 40mm springs

if so I'd love a couple of pics to see, I'm going down the spring route and I don't know it 30mm will be enough

sitting on standard 19s just now

Thanks

carson

My mate @Boydie has his lowered on 40mm H&Rs and sits really well. Picture below. I am having the same debate with myself whether to go for 30mm or 40mm. I am also running 19s.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432806705.019570.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432806727.436582.jpg

Chop.

@carson thanks buddy that looks perfect !

Yeh was just worried that 30mm wouldn't be enough and I would want more, but 40mm looks about perfect there

Boydie

S3 8V DSG
VCDS Map User
40mm looks perfect but scuffs front arches. I took out the screws in the arch and no longer any problems.

Ramps can pose problems but manageable.

Chop.

40mm looks perfect but scuffs front arches. I took out the screws in the arch and no longer any problems.

Ramps can pose problems but manageable.

No rubbing on the back loaded up ? So was it just rubbing on the screws that hold in inner arch in ?

Looks braw though I could handle a little bit of rubbing to drop the 4x4 look

carson

I think you said you had a full load and no rubbing @Boydie. Just certain ramps etc .. I was looking and a lot of the US go for 30mm and all look spot on also with the 19s

Chop.

Yeh not a lot in it really I suppose, about 10mm hahaha

Not like the days of dropping my old GTEs on 60s couldn't even get the jack under them to change a wheel

I'm still not sure 30 or 40 prob decide on the spot I'll stick some photos up when I do

carson

Go 30mm so I can see before making my own decision :p

Surely someone on here has their S4 lowered 30mm and could throw up a few pics for comparison ??

Boydie

S3 8V DSG
VCDS Map User
Full car load down to dublin from belfast and back a couple months ago no problem!!

Chop.

Just out of interest anyone got pics of have any experience of there S4 lowered 40mm on 20s ?

I now have my new wheels fitted and I'm keen to go as low as I can on springs rather than getting coil overs or air