B8 s4 non resonated downpipe advice

Deo

Reaction score
Hi, got a faulty downpipe. Thinking of swapping them out for remus non resonated ones. Anyone with experience of just changing this part of the system? Drone etc. Cheers

It's a pain in the *** to do, the flange bolts are not the easiest to get to, ideally need some cut down spanners or banana spanners Can't comment on drone though, i have milltek ones, they have a bit of drone in a certain rev range but easy to live with

The downpipes aren’t too bad it’s the Cats that are a PITA. When we fitted my test pipes while the downpipes were off we heated up the studs and knocked them out then just used some bolts with copper nuts made it much easier going back and if the exhaust ever has to come off again.

Yeah, heard these bolts are a bit of a nightmare to get to. Think I'll get them, £267 For the pair. I was just worried about drone, hear loads about it mainly with full systems. I can handle a bit of drone, you've got to expect it if you remove any of the resonator. Cheers

I have these and they are a quality bit of kit. I have them fitted with a full system though so I can't comment on the drone with a standard setup.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

I have these and they are a quality bit of kit. I have them fitted with a full system though so I can't comment on the drone with a standard setup.

What's the drone like with the full system?

What's the drone like with the full system?
Terrible haha. I have no silencers at all in the system though just a boxed x pipe. I can sort of work round it though with mine being a manual. I have always had the louder the better approach to all of my cars.

Lol, mine can't be that bad if I just change the downpipes. I hope lol

Reactions: Ginge247