B8 S4 project thread

I don’t know what it is about this forum that always flips my pics around...

anyway bumper arrived really well packaged, all the bits are there, couldn’t resist a cheeky figment even though I am still missing some bits to properly fit the wings. All looks good, bumper quality seems on point and figment looks good for the moment. Won’t really know until I fit it properly. Overal super pleased with it, deffo not an eBay fibreglass special!

Reactions: Carlos0161
Looking good, lowering springs aren’t too bad. Fronts are harder than rear, day to work out one and another to do the other 3 I found

it is not that I couldn't do it, but for the money I'd rather get it done by someone who has done lots before and spend my time doing something that can't be easily or cheaply done by someone else - or is just more fun!

yeah agreed, forgot to mention I did strip a thread for the antirole bar!! that won't come out until I decide to fix the thread when it comes to upgrading the anti role bars :haha:

it's been a while since I did an update on this for two reasons, firstly I managed to come down with shingles which has been particularly unpleasant and secondly I have been really struggling to find anyone that had the wiring loom I needed to fix the wiring damage. I must have spoken to 20 or more breakers and sellers on ebay and either they didn't have what I needed or they didn't want to take it off the car so said they didn't have it.

into the frame comes this legend https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/sellersun100 I contacted him a couple of weeks back and he said he thought he may have what I needed, I asked him how much he wanted for it and heard nothing back for a while. I chased him up to ask again thinking it had gone the same way as all the others and he said just cover the postage, I said fine no problem. Heard nothing more for a few days so chased him again to ask how much he wanted and he said don't worry about it I put it in the post the other day don't worry about paying me.

At this point i have to admit I became a little skeptical until just now when the postie has just delivered it! It cost the guy £7.50 to send it to me and doesn't want a bean, total legend and what a nice person. Obviously I've gone back to him to try and send him some money (i only have ebay contact details) but we will see what he says.

so to all of you out there looking for parts he is breaking an 09 b8 A4, hit him up and see what he has.

Also as I am feeling much better now I hope to get some work done on the car so look out for updates, I think I now have all the parts I need :)

Simon

Reactions: Carlos0161, Nitro_CR, Pie-eyedpiper and 1 other person
Well that was short lived...

fitted the facelift wing stays, full headlight support bracket and refitted the wing and while it does bring it in closer there is still about a 1cm gap between the headlight and the wing. TBH I was expecting this and I could probably re drill the rad support and make it work I want it done properly so have ordered the correct facelift rad support. Just means more to dismantle before I can build it back up again but it will be proper at least.

still not got the v5 back from the Dvla anyway so it is not like I can use it yet.

More progress today, wiring all fixed and tested, each joint soldered and shrink wrapped, the loom the wrapped in insulating tape followed by tessa tape for that oem look.
D71BA1E2 A9F5 4F80 A21D C1CA4223D17C
8CE6BAFD 370B 419D 97AD 9597684BD076
9A7BB0B6 B578 4229 90F6 D71A8334A49E
875E5CA9 ED04 4B59 B0C6 89BAD109AE54

Also got the coding done for the headlights, fingers crossed off to the body shop next week for paint next week.

Simon

Reactions: V6_Man, jdp1962 and Nitro_CR
Had to cancel the springs I had on order as they were hugely back seated, placed an order today with DPM for a set of H&R that should be with me in a day or two. Hopefully will have them fitted this weekend.

Reactions: V6_Man, RS5 JON and jdp1962
Had to cancel the springs I had on order as they were hugely back seated, placed an order today with DPM for a set of H&R that should be with me in a day or two. Hopefully will have them fitted this weekend.
@DPM is a good friend to this forum. :)

Reactions: DPM

Should be with you tomorrow :icon thumright:

Damian @ DPM Performance

Reactions: V6_Man, NevMan and jdp1962
Cheers Damian - Great service and would recommend you to anyone.

Simon

Reactions: DPM and jdp1962
Nothing new to report other than the springs are being changed next Sunday and confirmed off to the body shop the following Monday. Still nothing back from the dvla yet which is really starting to **** me off.

0CD4FD2D 67E6 4F14 87CD 1A55C025A3BD
4DB3F90A 83FE 4F0E 8CD1 87DC56AE5823
Another one of those good news bad news days today...

good news, H&R springs all fitted, the job was actually much easier than expected and went almost without any issue at all. The car looks great, sits nicely and from a quick spin up and down the road seems to handle nicely. Got my b8.5 bonnet fitted ready for the paint shop and that went on easily as well.

bad news is the front driver side upright is cracked where the upper control arms fit so it needs to be replaced. I suspect this was caused by us during fitting of the new springs so is a bit of a bummer but was always a risk so cest la vie. We did also free up all of the self levelling sensors things, there were at least two that were tight and likely to break soon without attention.

B6A3FE5F 4C33 45E2 A00F C6584A02B5BF

Reactions: Nitro_CR
View attachment 206565 View attachment 206566 Another one of those good news bad news days today...

good news, H&R springs all fitted, the job was actually much easier than expected and went almost without any issue at all. The car looks great, sits nicely and from a quick spin up and down the road seems to handle nicely. Got my b8.5 bonnet fitted ready for the paint shop and that went on easily as well.

bad news is the front driver side upright is cracked where the upper control arms fit so it needs to be replaced. I suspect this was caused by us during fitting of the new springs so is a bit of a bummer but was always a risk so cest la vie. We did also free up all of the self levelling sensors things, there were at least two that were tight and likely to break soon without attention.

View attachment 206564

Where abouts is your crack?

It is at the top of the arm where the bolt goes through to hold the two top control arms in place.

I know what you mean but no it is deffo cracked, I’ve ordered the part and will get it swapped over while it is in for paint.

Well she is officially at the bodyshop now, should be back in about a week or so!

Well the car is painted and almost back together now, haven’t seen it yet though.

I have the bits to replace the broken upright but probably won’t be able to get onto that until next weekend. Still no sign of a v5 from the deal, it has been 10 or 11 weeks now...

It is a real pisser, the cheque hasn’t been cashed either so I know it hasn’t been processed

Actually spoke to the body shop guy today, anyone that thinks the facelift upgrade is bolt on needs to think again, he has had a bit of a nightmare getting it to all line up apparently. He is giving the whole car a mop and polish while he has it and with that and the additional work to make it fit the cost was slightly more than estimate but still very reasonable.

should be collecting it on Tuesday

Reactions: cmdv and joedredd
Some potentially good news today, was using the online tax checker to see if the status had changed from untaxed to sort and notice that the last v5 issued date was today’s date. I am hoping that means that the v5 is now on its way to me!

Reactions: Nitro_CR, PostieStew and cmdv
sneak peek

still needs to be polished and waxed

S4 facelift2
S4 facelift3

Reactions: scotty76, jasper.s, AndreBerty and 4 others
Yeah the gaps are all great, the body shop guy is really fussy about that.

Windscreen booked to be replaced on tuesday, upright being replaced on the 15th, MOT booked for the 17th and service booked for the 21st. With a bit of luck the V5 arrives somewhere in that time frame and I can Tax the damm thing so I can use it

oh and a set of tyres to be fitted at some point as well, thinking about going MPS4S - any thoughts on tyre brands out there?

All interior lights changed for LEDs tonight, love the way they freshen up the interior.
Also bought a Carly Bluetooth ODBC interface, super happy with it, can use it on any car with odbc which for me is better than VCDS which I can only use on the Audi.

I finally have a V5! such a shame that the MOT has expired and I can't tax it! and yes the MOT ran out on August 2nd, guess when the deadline for automatic MOT extension was, you guessed it August 1st...

Who made what, the front bumper? I think I put a link at the beginning of the thread

Tbh the S4 badge is coming off the back and I am toying with the idea of taking the 4 rings off as well...

I do have an "invisible" mount for the no plate, it all depends on if I have to take the bumper off to change it though!

Windscreen replaced today, just the upright to do this weekend and it is ready for its MOT on Monday, almost ready to start using it :)

373BDE2E C9EC 4808 A65D 6489AC5A7981
8F0DB375 EFC6 4664 BC0E 9F990C09C831

Reactions: Nitro_CR